Best Cure for A Broken Heart?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
I thought it was a brave thing to do to. Must be a very tough time.

Im off on a date soon, and she's rather pretty. We've corresponded on the web, last couple of weeks, exchanged photos, and Ive been completely open about my illness, and situation, and she's been really great about it. Im just glad that I might have found a special person who understands that my illness is not the sum of all my parts. Its put a little bounce in my step, and perked me up somewhat. :)

We're not meant to be alone are we.

It's heart-warming to read that Dave. I hope everything goes well for you both. My terminally ill brother found love this year and it's inspiring to see them together, she would do anything for him and he always thought he wouldn't be accepted. I'm fortunate enough to be a healthy young man and have the pleasure of taking a 22yr old dancer on a date tomorrow ;) Wish me luck...

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Time is the great healer so they say and I have always found that time lasts longer when I'm away for a wander, so if job and other responsibilities allow, pack a rucksack and take off for a week or more.

Isaac Hayes and Al Green have also walked me through some hard times in the past. :)

+1 for Isaac Hayes sandbender! Love getting the vinyl out when I'm having a hard time :D

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
It's heart-warming to read that Dave. I hope everything goes well for you both. My terminally ill brother found love this year and it's inspiring to see them together, she would do anything for him and he always thought he wouldn't be accepted. I'm fortunate enough to be a healthy young man and have the pleasure of taking a 22yr old dancer on a date tomorrow ;) Wish me luck...

Jammy sod. :) Thanks for the thought though.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I thought it was a brave thing to do to. Must be a very tough time.

+1 and reading through the responses, shows its something thats happened to a lot of us... whatever the circumstances, its really rough in the first few months. TD, you're a nice fella, wish you the best.

Separately, wish you the best of luck Dave. You've always come across as a sound bloke, hope it works out for you.

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
+1 and reading through the responses, shows its something thats happened to a lot of us... whatever the circumstances, its really rough in the first few months. TD, you're a nice fella, wish you the best.

Separately, wish you the best of luck Dave. You've always come across as a sound bloke, hope it works out for you.
Must be the season for it as my gf of nearly 4 years (not long compared to a lot of folks) has just announced that we are over.....

So heres to an evening on the wine and being a total mess, and then take the weekend as it comes.......

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Must be the season for it as my gf of nearly 4 years (not long compared to a lot of folks) has just announced that we are over.....

So heres to an evening on the wine and being a total mess, and then take the weekend as it comes.......

Doesn't hurt any less mate. On the flip side it can only get better from here. Have another read through of this thread and don't go silly on the drink.

All the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire

Have you got some mates you can hang about with tonight? If not, there will be plenty of people on here... maybe start an chatter thread on here about something that interests you, be occupied with the replies for the evening.

Can't blame you with the wine... we're going through a tough time as a family here and I find it hard not to have a drink of an evening. Helps calm my nerves for the most part... and although I know it can be a depressant, at the same time I don't want to put up with an evening of my head working over time on our family problems.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Yup... I've had 3 long term relationships in my life and the end of the first two, I was a mess. First I truly did have a broken heart... I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep... it hurt rather a lot. By the second, I was hurt but I was more concerned over the effects on my son which made my feelings irrelevant.

My wife now is an absolute star and I can't imagine my life without her. I never need reminding how important she is to my life. If it ever ends, I imagine my kids would be my focus, but inside... really not sure how I'd cope. Really feel for anyone with that loss, its just not cricket.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

Apparently , not so nice , I've waited on purpose to see what peoples responses would be.

Its me who is doing the heart breaking.....

Finding it difficult to deal with with falling out of love with someone. :(

So, does that change how people respond? My heart is still where it is. Maybe too touchy-feely for a family bushcraft forum but everyone seems to have experience of this I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one to fall out of love and have difficulty dealing with it.

Over to you guys , fire away.... ( try and respect the honesty however please )

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Apparently , not so nice , I've waited on purpose to see what peoples responses would be.

Its me who is doing the heart breaking.....

Finding it difficult to deal with with falling out of love with someone. :(

So, does that change how people respond? My heart is still where it is. Maybe too touchy-feely for a family bushcraft forum but everyone seems to have experience of this I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one to fall out of love and have difficulty dealing with it.

Over to you guys , fire away.... ( try and respect the honesty however please )

Doesn't change a thing... if you're the one who has to end it, does that make it any easier for you?

To illustrate the point, my first love... I ended it. I caused myself to have a broken heart. My second... I was the one who ended it. Does that change your opinion on me?

You can't help who you fall in love with, and you can't help who you don't love anymore... doesn't stop it hurting not to be with that person because you may not 'love' but that doesn't change the 'care' aspect.

You are a nice fella... I have proof... you brushed the hair off a jacket before you posted it to me!!! :D

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Dont think it makes a difference does it? Its always been me who ended the relationships Ive been in. I think I know why that is, though now. But it's taken me most of my lifetime to figure out. It's because Im adopted and have never met any of my biological family. Dont have clue who I am deep down. And I find it very difficult to stay attached to a woman, once that initial 2 year magic fades. I was given away at six months old. And I know that thousands of people in the same situation go through their entire lives alone. And they dont even realise theyre doing it, until theyre 58 or something. Other's dont. But really it defines everything about you. You just dont realise it, until youre much older.
I dont think of the EX's at all, in the day, but some of them haunt my dreams, and I have regrets, but they certainly seemed to get over me, quicker than I did over them. Im glad they went onto lead happy lives though.

Last edited:

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Honestly TD it's never easy to let go of someone whether you are in love with them or not, and as the old cliché goes you may still love the person and not be in love with them.

I was always puzzled at how upset my ex's got when they ended things with me, but life experience teaches you it's bloody hard no matter which end you're on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
I think generally speaking us men are all crap at break ups arent we.

Pretty much.

Have you got some mates you can hang about with tonight? If not, there will be plenty of people on here... maybe start an chatter thread on here about something that interests you, be occupied with the replies for the evening.

Can't blame you with the wine... we're going through a tough time as a family here and I find it hard not to have a drink of an evening. Helps calm my nerves for the most part... and although I know it can be a depressant, at the same time I don't want to put up with an evening of my head working over time on our family problems.
Trying to keep occupied on forums etc. Still got plenty of internet left to read. Failing that there is an infinitesimal amount of cat videos on YouTube. .....

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
and as the old cliché goes you may still love the person and not be in love with them.

Very true Wacker , Love with the Small " l " rather than the Capital " L " .

Hard to give up caring when you feel like your killing someone.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Its not odd. Its pathological behaviour. And if youre like me, its something you never really talk about.

Its not an open topic for the most part, but I do blurt it out sometimes... its usually when I'm nervous or stressed. Its a weird place to be depending how much you know/circumstances if that makes sense.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Very true Wacker , Love with the Small " l " rather than the Capital " L " .

Hard to give up caring when you feel like your killing someone.

And there is the nice guy coming out... don't be hard on yourself, you have your reasons and who is anyone else to judge?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Its not an open topic for the most part, but I do blurt it out sometimes... its usually when I'm nervous or stressed. Its a weird place to be depending how much you know/circumstances if that makes sense.

It doesnt surprise me that we both end the relationships, before our partners are ready to. Anyway, thats enough of that. Dont want to hijack TD's thread.

Oooo, this is my 4000th post!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE