Best camp lantern?

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
If it's a candle lantern you're after, I highly recommend the ones that take tea lights.

Sure, they don't last 8 hours but rarely do you need a full 8 hours of light... usually 5 or so nights of 2 hours worth.

Which is handily what you can transport in it! hurrah!

The uco ones are fine until a gust of wind clogs the spring with wax... then it's hours of fun trying to dismantle it and unwax.

Also you can get a billion odd tea lights for £1.50 from ikea... they also have stinky anti insect ones. though I don't see the point... it's not like insects nibbling my lantern have ever bothered me.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UCO-Mini-Cand...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

bargain and zero moving parts!

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Fired up the Feuerhand lantern this evening - I'm using citronella lamp oil, which is good for outdoors (but not recommended for indoor use).

It's a really lovely bit of kit - suprisingly light-weight, but it's well made and feels very robust. Depending on the height of the flame it's rated for approx. 20hrs constant light, which should see me through a couple of nights at a Meet.

The light is as Mike described - it'll never light up a whole room enough to perform microsurgery, but it throws out a decent amount of light, and as a camp lantern it will be just what I was after. :)

Not the best pic I'm afraid - hurried before the rain came back! - but I'd recommend both the product and the seller.

My thanks to Graham for the recommendation. :)

lanternhs5.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE