Best birthday (hammock camping) pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamalex

Jan 27, 2010
Halifax
I wanted to share a bit of my best birthday ever. No joke, it was brilliant.

Started off with preparing wood for my wife to use whilst playing out in a local woods with our small girls and other families. Splitting some 2 inch sections in our living room on the stump my wife uses for bowl carving.

Carried it up to Nutclough woods in Hebden Bridge where we met with some other families and got the fire going in a BBQ bucket/fire pit we took with us, kids learning how to carefully fuel the fire.

Then I left and had a great pub meal with Dangerous Dan and Trunks before walking to our site, setting up and collecting fire wood.

bushcraft_is_serious.jpg

Trunks did the brews whilst we laughed at his camping pipe :)

Our camp is totally hidden from sight, which also means we don't have problems with strong winds or heavy rain.

well_hidden.jpg

We cooked steaks on a stone over the fire, as well as sausages and lamb kebabs and Dan brought some baked potatoes to finish (us) off.

Add to that a bit of whisky, Trunks lighting his pipe every few minutes :lmao: , and a great sleep. Fabulous night.

I don't know if anyone else does this, but I've found that having my net hammock close to my sleeping hammock adds a bit of support and reduces wind chill during the night.

under_hammock_support.jpg

Lastly, in the morning we had left over sausages and tidied up. It was already well used by sheep, but left as we found it.

leavenotrace.jpg

I can't remember being so relaxed!

Thanks to Dan and James for a brilliant time. Could not have been better. goodjob

When I got picked up my girls spontaneously sang happy birthday, fabulous, and later saw the Top Gear Arctic challenge Hilux at Emley Show.

north_pole_hilux.jpg

:D
It doesn't get much better, as far as I am concerned
:D

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Great pics there, i like the look of the steak,hope you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. SWMBO is letting me out for an overnighter Tuesday ,i have a new hammock to try. Cant wait.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Wasn't that stone cooked steak the best though? I am going to get the bow drill sorted for next time too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE