Best and the Worst

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I have been sorting out all those little packets of so-called tea and coffee drinks which come either in ration packs or from hotels etc. Do you use them and which one's are the best or worst for taste etc.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
I found some teabags the other day that taste exactly the same as rat pack instant tea. Think they were from Lidl.
Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...:rolleyes: nah I do like it.
Got stacks of leftover sachets here also that I don't seem to throw out. Do use the odd one occasionally

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
If anyone has any British army rat pack Instant white tea that they do not want I will gladly take it off your hands. I love the stuff when out-N-about.
Send me a PM if you can help.

Cheers.:beerchug:

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
If anyone has any British army rat pack Instant white tea that they do not want I will gladly take it off your hands. I love the stuff when out-N-about.
Send me a PM if you can help.

Cheers.:beerchug:

Now thats just wrong! :eek:

I have just asked school to buy me some sachets of coffee & hot chocolate and they bought me a box each of Fair Trade stuff. Quality wise its up there with the best, although I still prefer my coffee bags for the filter coffee taste!

Simon

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
The first thing I do when I open a British rat pack is bin the coffee and the whitener so if any one actually likes them they are welcome to them. Sorry IN WOOD but I love the tea as well :)

gilly0802

Tenderfoot
best stuff n the brit rat paks has got to be the hot choc :)

authough i tend to pre mix the instant tea and sugar into a small plastic bottle. saves time and fustration with the little sachets when it is cold/wet, just open pour some out, and add hot water

mind you i still have some problems getting the right measure, they tend to be a little strong... lol

gilly

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
A really big thank you to Shambling Shaman, received the tea today.:D

I will say a thank you each time I brew up with one these and send my thought to you.
:You_Rock_

N

Nitro

I usually raid the kitchen and take the usual stuff, however I do like the coffee, tea and especially the hot chock in the rat packs, I still have some floating around dated 89 lol

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
I used Drinks master where I used to work, they are not too bad at all and very handy for the trips out.
Needless to say one or two made the way into my ruck sack, but all gone now.
I had not thought of ordering these direct. Might give it a go.

Hey! group buy??:rolleyes:

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
7622300093921_200.jpg

I buy either these or the Nescafe equivalent these days - Coffee ready mixed with milk powder. The Kenco are creamier to taste than the Nescafe.

They also do a 3 in 1 sachet - coffee, milk powder and sugar.

HTH

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE