Berries, a quick question.

Sep 1, 2010
Wales
Hey everyone, this is my first post.

Right, so back to the question at hand, I went for a walk today around some hills, very marshy in areas, and limestone rocky areas in others, I found some berries, small and black, white/clear on the inside with 6/8 small seeds inside, I picked a fair few thinking they were blueberries (which oddly enough were growing around them), they were from a very short bush (it was mainly flat, with branches growing out). The Berries grew in clumps of about 4/6, the bite on them reminded me somewhat of biting an apple.

Just wondering if anyone knows what they are, and if they are edable, what can I do with them.

Thank alot.

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
am i right blueberyy=bilberry=blaeberry??
or are bilberries wild blueberries???

As far as I know, yes. Confusing isn't it?!
Very frustrating when looking up the index of different books. Another reason to start learning the technical names but really, there is enough to learn as it is!!!!

Sep 1, 2010
Wales
the wimberries did frow close/through them, but they didnt have that blue matt like skin, it is just a solid black. will try and get a picture up of them. I did try looking up on the web, but couldnt find a site that had pictures as well as a discription. thanks for the help any way. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE