Berghaus Arete Tour 45 + 8

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigmul

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2008
Whitley Bay
Anyone used one of the above? Have been looking at different rucksacks and looking for one that I can use for overnighters, general days out and for the 3 peaks next year and this seems to fit the bill (assuming I learn how to pack all my overnight gear better!)

So - anyone????

Thanks!

E

ESLRaven

I've got one of these.

I looked around a long time for a mountaineering rucksack which had multiple sections - the Arete Tour has small expandable side pockets and a separate bottom section which can be zipped separate or included in the main part of the sack. As I was looking for a mountaineering sack with this feature (fast access to waterproofs or food without having to rummage) this fits the bill which few others do. Nice simple black colour as well.

The back system is not adjustable however, so if you aren't going to need the mountaineering features on this bag then other rucksacks have the same features as above but with a more advanced back system - which some would find more comfortable for heavy loads.

With a careful approach to what you take and how you pack this rucksack is certainly large enough for overnight trips even in the winter.

Hope that helps
Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE