belt kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
DSC_0765.jpg

now as you can see this is a picture of belt kit now in it is a first aid pouch, a toilet pouch, a fire lighting pouch, and leather man sheath and knife, a laplander saw. and an axe. now the problem is i dont have a belt connector for my axe cos i dont want use my sheath i really want a propper loop and holder.

now where would i get one and what do u think to the rest of the kit

drew

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I bought a nice leather axe loop off the bay. Very solid. Lost the dratted thing before I ever got to use it.

Nice lightweight kit you have there.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
i really want a propper loop and holder....now where would i get one

Ask any of the leatherworkers on here to make you one, I've seen plenty in the past on the forum :)

what do u think to the rest of the kit

How does all that lot stay on the belt without it snapping?

Mind you, I guess when you're wearing it, it does help weigh you down in a stiff breeze Drew :rolleyes: :lmao:

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Ask any of the leatherworkers on here to make you one, I've seen plenty in the past on the forum :)

How does all that lot stay on the belt without it snapping?

Mind you, I guess when you're wearing it, it does help weigh you down in a stiff breeze Drew :rolleyes: :lmao:

well yes it does way me down but am happy to have the weight so as to have everything to hand and cos its a nice leather belt thats
been made with this in mind

drew

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
i thought that two but considering its my use every day round scout camp kit where i will be teaching cubs and scouts how to light fires and make shelters
i dont need a torch and secondly if i was taking this kit as my main use it would have a set of plce side pouches and yoke full of gear to go with it

drew

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
i thought that two but considering its my use every day round scout camp kit where i will be teaching cubs and scouts how to light fires and make shelters
i dont need a torch and secondly if i was taking this kit as my main use it would have a set of plce side pouches and yoke full of gear to go with it

drew

Nice kit but if thats for day to day use at Cub / scout Camp its a bit of an overkill. I only wera sheath knife when i need it and other times its back in tent. Same with Axe. Normally carry a SAK and leatherman.

However Cub / Scout camps vary. Just my 2p

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Water, boiling device and torch is all id really add.

Id leave the leatherman and take a full tang knife and personally leave the hatchet but thats personal preference.

Oct 24, 2011
I know a lot of people use the leatherman in there beltkit I have tried one out and I find there are not many posi drive screws or nut and bolts in the woods. So I tied one or two things out and found. A mini per of snipnosed molegrips 4 1/2" with build in wirer cutters was the most useful like having a small vise in your pocket. I replaced the ajuster screw with a threded eyebolt so I could hang it from my belt.( credit go's to Pathfinder school ) My belt kit is kept as simple as possible Puukko knife in a dangle sheath, molegrips small leather pouch with tin with flint and steel charcloth, amado, 2" long bundle of jute twine dipped in wax, firstaid kit,Bandages, suchers scissor type suchers stiches type, antiseptic cream, firey jack,parcetamol tab's, asprins,cotton wool,Possibles pouch 5" x 5" with fishing kit. 5 brass snares. waterproof matches. 2 candles, small pot of salt, plastic strews 4" long sealed 5 of each filled with chilly power, mixed herbs, mixed spices,salt,pepper,ground cinniman,suger, garlic salt, ect'. small sharpening stones, small tourch, batterys, pencil and paperpad, pouch with a stanless steel folding spade,( digging roots, shelters, latrens ect',) 10 ft of spare paracord, and finally a kuksa.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE