Being impatient...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
whilst waiting for a delivery of a bunch of new sanding belts from John on BB, so I can finish these, I thought I'd show off the blades anyway, see what you think.

DSCN0042-2.jpg

The top one is a modified Nessmuk. I have made quite a few Nessies now and one of the worries people have, is the possibility of the hand slipping onto the edge. So I produced this. Exactly the same shape than my other nessies, but with the back of the cutting edge lowered by about 10/12 mm, still the same curve too. I am pleased with the way it looks so far and can't wait to get on and finish it so that I can play with it. I think it will make a great kitchen/camp knife.

I am a fan of Horace Kephart. I found the online museum a while back and decided to make copies of his knives, and here they are, the two bottom ones on the pic.
Well, as close copies as is possible from pictures!

The only thing I am not too keen on his bush knife was the shape of the handle, it feels a bit heavy so I think I may reshape it as per the mark on the tape.

The handle of his fishing knife feels really comfortable in the hand and I am going to leave it as it is, although I can feel mods coming on the next one...;)

The serrations on the back of the blades were used to descale the fish, not something people do so much nowadays I believe. I think this shape would make a very good bush knife too.

All three blades are 3/32" thick, about 2.5 mm, that's a thickness that's beginning to grow on me, rather than the usual 3/4mm thick. Also you'll notice they are convex ground, well, a bit rough at the moment, just waiting for those belts..:big grin:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE