Being discrete in nature - colour Vs cammo?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Generally I prefer subdued colours but I do often wear a pair of current issue MTP strides cos they are comfy and cheap and I can't beat the price.
Not keen on doing the cammo head to foot thing cos I don't want to look like a TA wannabee.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrEd

SimonL

Oct 13, 2010
Farnborough, Hants
Subdued colours for me, BUT I live in the middle of Army grounds (around Aldershot, Hants) and I really don't want to get mistaken for "one of them"
Bit of a shame, cos there are many Army Surplus type places, and the camo gear is well built and pretty cheap compared to "outdoor gear" - if I could figure out a way of dyeing it, I'd be laughing ;)
Happy Easter all, stay well and stay safe
Simon

Reactions: santaman2000

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
There's dozens of deer and a few bears (until hibernation) that walk the village streets.
Since we can't hunt in the village, people don't wear camo.
At the end of a day out, perhaps it's unavoidable.

Even the snowmobilers (aka sled-heads) strip off a lot of their riding kit (Pieps beacon, Avalungs etc)
before they shop the stores after a day's riding. No chance of getting whacked in the parking lot in front of the liquor store.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Subdued colours for me, BUT I live in the middle of Army grounds (around Aldershot, Hants) and I really don't want to get mistaken for "one of them"
Bit of a shame, cos there are many Army Surplus type places, and the camo gear is well built and pretty cheap compared to "outdoor gear" - if I could figure out a way of dyeing it, I'd be laughing ;)
Happy Easter all, stay well and stay safe
Simon

A good few years ago I dyed a Dpm jacket black, I came out a sort black and darker back dpm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE