Been making leaves today

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Evening all..

I thought I'd have a change from mini knives today so I've been making some leaves instead and thought I'd show what I have so far :) They are all made from scrap bits of wood (bocote, thuya, cocobolo and yew). I've drilled holes in them but I'm debating whether to just make pendants out of them or string a few together and make a windchime type thing.. or maybe xmas tree decorations.. :) I left these ones plain as they were first attempts but I might try carving in some veins next time.

ugetutu5.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Rachael x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I seem to remember you making jewellery?

Have you ever tried imprinting real leaf patters into silver metal clay?

Worth a go if you get the chance.

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
They are really lovely.

Please don't make them into a wind chime, as wind chimes are the work of Satan. And the one instance where the devil doesn't have the best tunes.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------

Ahh, missed those.

My wife has a rolling mill setup and general jewellery workshop in her shed. That's why I asked.

She's just started as a plumbers apprentice (aged 48 and I'm as proud as punch of her) and is looking to pipe up her towngas welding setup (Flamefast) when she gets onto the gas part.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Sorry guys my phone died so only just seen all these messages.. thank you everyone :)

Haha. . so not a windchime then ;) though to be fair they are that small i doubt they'd make much noise anyway :)

Demo.. as the other half said, I have done leaves before in copper/silver/gold using leaf skeletons. I also like using sycamore "helicopters" as we used to call them.. they make great fairy/dragonfly wings! What sort of thing does your wife make?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE