Becker Necker Handle Mod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Hi guys,

Decided to fashion some micarta scales for my BK11, first attempt at anything like this but I think the result is ok. Makes this becker much more user friendly than just paracord wrap - not a fan in the field when the paracord gets soggy then moldy in your pack.

341_zpsf4e8473e.jpg

IMAG0120_zps7d84f9f2.jpg

IMAG0121_zps01113ad8.jpg

I also added some jimping on the spine, makes a hell of a difference.

IMAG0122_zps22b68db9.jpg

This shot is just a comparison with my BK7.

Any comments welcome!!

Last edited:

entherder

Aug 11, 2011
Central Illinois
Good call! I love my BK11, but the basic handle causes really bad hotspots after prolonged use. I regularly take out the BK11 and a 16" Wetterlings small hunters axe and I'm good for cuttings tools.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Looks great - did you make the Micarta yourself? Are they Micarta slabs in the first picture, looks like metal?

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Looks great - did you make the Micarta yourself? Are they Micarta slabs in the first picture, looks like metal?

No ebay's finest. Was looking at making scales for my BK7 but the gent didnt provide slabs thick enough (having said that I never asked) - so I simply sanded the factory scales 10 secs both sides. Cheap quick fix, no longer slick or look cheap plastic.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE