Becker Necker Bk11

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Hi Guys

I'm eyeing up the becker necker knife to accompany my Bk7 -

I would like to reproduce the tomar micarta handles being produced with either g10 scales or black micarta.

Does anyone have the bk11 and fashioned a set scales there on?

cheers

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Cheers for the heads up - i do like the eskabar but think i prefer the handle on the bk11, having said that do you find it too short? do you wrap it with paracord or leave it bare?

How do you rate the bk11 no the whole?

Questions!!

cheers

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I like the BK11. I find it a convenient size and weight for a neck knife. I've medium to large hands and find the handle length fine for me; yes it's shortish, but fine for the smaller, light-duty tasks it gets used for - I found it ideal to use skinning squirrels for example.

I've set up mine with a few useful 'survival' bits n' pieces - small firesteel, whistle etc - taking the idea from this excellent video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BwUydd2JKo

I did experiment with paracord wrapping for a handle, but took it off again after a short while. It looked quite cool I s'pose, but I found it didn't add a huge advantage and it gets mucky quite quickly; it's a lot easier to clean off a bare blade. Also it can interfere with the fit into the sheath. I found I was forever pushing the wrapping down as it slipped up on the curves.

Hope that helps

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
BK11 bought from the ever reliable Heinnie.

Also picked up some micarta off ebay - will fashion some scales and post pics!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE