Beaver scout camp blanket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Mine isn't full either.

Make your own and put some badges on, give it a poetic and awe inspiring back story.

If he doesn't love it hes obviously devoid of imagination and not fit for Scouts.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Always have a warm beaver: :naughty: I've still got to sew on some more badges, but this is pretty much a finished article. I was particularly happy with the colour/pattern of the dye job on the neck liner. Red onion skin juice + vinegaroon in an aluminium takeaway tin

2013-07-08 19.59.08.jpg2013-07-08 19.59.27.jpg

TY Carabao for the air cavalry patch, witch covers one of the Italian army blanket "features"

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
My boys anything that a "real Soldier" might have had. Anything army related beats something made in China out of plastic. Kids go mental for things like that. I will have to upload a picture of my 6 year old's adventure kit. I cobbled together a Rocket pack and yoke and a few other military bits and pieces and he loves it to death.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
When I was a Scout leader back in the UK, we used to recommend to the parents not to use the official blanket, and to get a proper wool one from a charity shop.
Warmer, and safer.
We ended up getting some from a weaver in the tartan of the group knecker in the end.
Wasn't that expensive, couple of weekends bag packing paid for the lot. :D

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Got to be the wool blanket mate!
Here is mine still going strong after starting it 20 odd years ago

u9e7yje9.jpg

Don't think the new ones will survive as well'

Orric

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE