"Beater and Biter..."

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You're not wrong there. It was like I had known him for years. Very welcoming, brew on and a chat and poke about the workshop, I probably kept him from his work for a little too long! It was a nice time, and i wish I'd taken Topknots' work up to show him. That's for another thread though!

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
No no its designed for the more dextrous amongst us. Sinister people can't touch it. You need to be adroit rather than gauche.

Weird how terms for right and left have come to ahve such meanings!

red

I guess that it is not a coincidence that the opposite of "left" and the opposite of "wrong" are the same word, since historically both “left" and "wrong" originally had similar meanings.
Left, the opposite of right, originally meant, “weak" or "useless", and only by extension did it come to mean the hand, with which most people don't write. The Old English word for the hand with which most people write, was swiþra, literally "stronger”
There was for instance an Old English word lyftadl, which meant "crippled".
Left from the Middle English luft, lift, left,
Old English left, lyft (recorded as “lyftadl, paralysis” or “left-disease") weak, useless.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Hey, if you are seriously inviting me down for a play, I'd gladly take you up on the offer! Or is this a cunning ploy to get a temporary apprentice to make the brews and sweep up?!

:D

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Hey, if you are seriously inviting me down for a play, I'd gladly take you up on the offer! Or is this a cunning ploy to get a temporary apprentice to make the brews and sweep up?!

:D

I didn't think you knew what a sweeping brush was! :p

You're undoubtably a dab hand with the kettle though...

Rat

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Well, I think these two blades are perfect for their intended duties... I am very pleased with them :)

002.jpg

001.jpg

Thoughts Red?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think biter looks stonking now its ground - real "looks sharp". I know thats silly but.......

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hehehehe

Thats the idea - a wickle scalpel cos I'll ave me big chopper for anyting ruff :D

Be good for preparing a large leg of venison - beater as a carving knife and biter as a steack knife. Actually between the both of them they would make a good deer sressing set I should think.....hmmm KAE? Ready to try?

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its not you know - ita about the same length as a Falkie A1. Feels kind of "tough" though doesn't it. You wouldn't be frightened to baton it thats for sure :D

Red

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
if you check out the pics before the last pics, you can just see red holding the beater, which should give some scale

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
No, I'm just kidding! It is a good size, I didn't see the smaller knife but it must be really small. As I said, the blade was a good size but the handle was a tad too big for me, I've got girly hands!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE