Bearclaw and Bushtruck?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Normally I'd agree, but it's always the *same* people who mention them.
It's all very well demanding equal play but they don't offer that courtesy to other folks; in fact going by the comments I've read on other sites they go out of their way to slate any 'opposition'.
As for passed history, it's funny how there appear to be so many efforts made to keep bringing their names forward.
And yet again, they manage to be mentioned on a forum where their own offensive behaviour had them banned.

Boring.

cheers,
Toddy

I'm not sure what 'he reffered me' means?

Are you trying to acuse me of something? I really wish I had not started this thread, I had no idea about any of this history, If I have upset you then I'm sorry it was not my intention.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I'm not sure what 'he reffered me' means?

Are you trying to acuse me of something? I really wish I had not started this thread, I had no idea about any of this history, If I have upset you then I'm it was not my intention.

It means that he posted a link somewhere to this forum and you clicked on it. Then you joined. So he is logged as your referrer. The cookie on your computer, connects you with his link and this forum and it's logged by the forum software. It doesnt mean you know him, it just means you were reading something he posted on a forum somewhere other than BcUK.

It means that you and he are both members of another forum somewhere, where BcUK was being discussed. Which of itself doesnt mean much really.

The problem is, whenever this schools issue is raised, it's almost always by people who are members of the same "another forum somewhere". It tends to make the mods a little suspicious of motives.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Blimy, I knew that i didn't really like the internet that much, strange seeing how much time i spend on it. but the info that is stored about you is amazing (for amazing read 1984) i suppse that it shows that i came here from BB, joined here first and then about 3 years later joined BB, i wonder if as i wasn't a member of BB what it shows? perhaps BB has a link to BCUK. all scary stuff.

i'm going to add my two penyworth, if someone got banned, and i seem to recall it was fairly nasty at the time and then they request for all their info to be pulled then i don't see the problem in not having their name up as a supplier of courses, it is after all a free country and its their decision.

oh well tis all a bit serious for me this early on in the morning,will amuse my self and look at shiny sharp things now!

steve

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
My apologies Will. No offense meant or taken. I wasn't 100% sure what the referal thing indicated, so thanks Martyn, I have learned something there:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Me too :) I didn't know about forum to forum links coming in as referred ones too. My own records with BcUK show the number of people I have referred and their records clearly show my name as the person who referred them.

cheers,
Toddy

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
nah! just basic arithmatic ;) :D 'cos facts are chiels that winna ding.

cheers,
Toddy

:bluThinki What? That anytime the word "bearclaw" is mentioned everyone shouts conspiracy and thinks there is some insane plot?
Or the fact that when a bushcraft school, who have many satisfied customers is slated due to a historic event, that the same few members that bother to stick around to try and contribute to this forum still, get it in the neck for trying to stick up for them?

So i think the only thing that "downa be disputed" is the daft attitude that and assumptions that are made repeatedly by certain people here.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This is "exactly" why the rest of us get so fed up over this entire hassle.
It's like constantly regurgitating and chewing old soup !

We have clearly stated that the on-line Mods don't know why these two schools are not on the list.
We have given clear and truthful information about the owners of the two schools; both are banned for their own actions here on the forum.
We have also stated quite clearly that other schools have asked not to be included. Therefore the listing will never be a complete one of *all* schools offering bushcraft courses in the UK.

I have already asked that this thread be left in peace until someone in Admin who has had some input into the formation of the list is available to respond.
Until that time, this discussion is best shelved.

cheers,
Toddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE