Bearclaw and Bushtruck?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Well, it's one thing banning an individual / school / shop from the forum for misdoings - it's entirely another thing denying they exist... if there is a list of schools, I would think it should be above any such censorship and be fully inclusive.

If someone gets banned from a pub, the landlord doesn't erase them from the electoral register ;)

After all - this is about sharing information and educating is it not?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't have all the details Joe, but I do know that individuals who go out of their way to *use* the forum end up reprimanded, and they don't all like it.
I also know of several individuals who have demanded, and I do mean *demanded*, that all their details are removed from the forum under threat of legal action :rolleyes: PITA to be honest.
In these two instances I know that Gary and (can't remember his name, s orry) were both given a tremendous amount of leeway before any ban or reprimand was enforced.

I'm going to suggest that this thread remains static until someone who was actually involved can come and comment.

cheers,
Toddy

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Squidders, that is a poor analogy. This would be more like removing the business cards of a taxi firm who's drivers disturb the other customers. Erasing the electoral register would be equivalent of hacking and erasing these schools web sites. Please don't be so overly dramatic ;)

I cannot speak for Tony on this since I have not been involved in the set up of the main site, but it does not surprise me in the least that these two companies are not receiving free advertising via the BCUK list of bushcraft schools. Both were banned, following numerous warnings, for taking advantage of this forum and its members for commercial gain.

This is all very old history and it would be better for everyone not to drag it up again.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I wasn't intending to be over dramatic mate... I see this as very black and white and am not factoring in ill feeling - I know what went on and in no way am I interested in changing the status quo. However, if BCUK's mission is to be a bushcraft knowledge repository, it's going to need to put these things aside to be complete in its information.

I am merely concerned in having a complete picture - and that is the honest truth.

I'd never heard of bushtruck before.

again, please understand my strong desire not to be rocking the boat here - BCUK is used as a reference to many people and the integrity of the information is vital.

I for one would like to forget the past and move on and when questions like this are posed because of holes in lists all it does is dredges up the past and all sorts of strong feelings and one sided views get voiced.

Can't we alljust be friends??? :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Y'know I'm not suspicious by nature, I really like people, I find the skills they practice fascinating, but.....
Bushblade was referred by Kaz,
Gary at was referred by Kaz....
and lo and behold two who are banned from the forum are suddenly a topic, again :rolleyes:

tedium ad nauseum

Toddy

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Y'know I'm not suspicious by nature, I really like people, I find the skills they practice fascinating, but.....
Bushblade was referred by Kaz,
Gary at was referred by Kaz....
and lo and behold two who are banned from the forum are suddenly a topic, again :rolleyes:

tedium ad nauseum

Toddy

Whats refered by Kaz?, I don't understand.

I had not realised Gary had been banned, and I don't know why he was banned, its news to me. I don't check these forums as often as some, so sorry if I've raised an old subject.:eek:
I just wondered why they are no longer on the schools list, I did not intend to upset anyone.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
You don't know a K. Birch then?

Gary left us in July 2005, so not really recent history.

I would be surprised if Bushtruck ever made it on to the list after all the spamming they did as soon as they joined.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
But as a completely unbiased point of view, Shouldn't the 2 said schools get a mention, especially as one of them gets talked about quite highly on here by people who have been on the courses, and that is the sort info that members are looking for..........Not passed history.

Just a thought not a jibe or anything like that.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Yup - all or nothing I reckon. I wasn't around when the 'historical events' took place and I would like to think that I am getting the full UK spectrum in this section to allow me to make up my own mind

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Normally I'd agree, but it's always the *same* people who mention them.
It's all very well demanding equal play but they don't offer that courtesy to other folks; in fact going by the comments I've read on other sites they go out of their way to slate any 'opposition'.
As for passed history, it's funny how there appear to be so many efforts made to keep bringing their names forward.
And yet again, they manage to be mentioned on a forum where their own offensive behaviour had them banned.

Boring.

cheers,
Toddy

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
There is also the issue of endorsement. It could be argued, that BcUK are endorsing or "approving" of the schools on it's list.

It cant be all ort nothing (well it cant be all) because some scholls have demanded they be removed from it - dunno why, but they have. So it can never be an all inclusive list.

I do think it's reasonable that members who get banned from the forums, also have thier schools removed from the list. The list offers information, but it is also some free advertising for the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE