Bear grylls Knife and SWC knife question.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Before the mass sell off, I stored, used and cared for all my Woody's the same way.

mycollection06.jpg

On both of my SWC's the scales have shrunk :(

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I had an Alan Wood that you could easily fit the plate of my Silva cpmass under the scales. All I did was go canoeing, immersed it a couple of times, exposed it to high Summer heat and rain and just a bit of salt water. The scales were bad, but boy you should have seen the blade :yikes:

That's why I switched to stabalised natural materials for scales and/or carbon fibre, and RWL-34 for the blade. I still have an 01 and antler as my main user, but for anything wet, hot and adverse, I go with the carbon fibre and RWL version.

Last edited:

Dazza76

Jun 28, 2011
South Wales
Ok. Let me break this down. The image in question is square, two dimensional image. Starting at the centre of said image, move your eyes down to the far lower edge of the image. From there move your eyes to the far left of the image. At this point of the image there is a knife, this is the knife I find most appealing.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Ok. Let me break this down. The image in question is square, two dimensional image. Starting at the centre of said image, move your eyes down to the far lower edge of the image. From there move your eyes to the far left of the image. At this point of the image there is a knife, this is the knife I find most appealing.

Ahh, but it is of a picture of a three dimensional scene taken in perspective, and your use of the word 'far' all the time suggests the furthest perspective. So it's actually 'near' bottom left. Or in fact, just bottom left ;) :nana:

Dazza76

Jun 28, 2011
South Wales
Ahh, but it is of a picture of a three dimensional scene taken in perspective, and your use of the word 'far' all the time suggests the furthest perspective. So it's actually 'near' bottom left. Or in fact, just bottom left ;) :nana:

Regardless, a photo is two dimensional. Are we in a "wants the last word" situation here?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE