Bear Grylis Fired by Discovery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's probably the best thing that's ever happened to him, maybe he'll get round to making some decent stuff now instead of the macho man garbage they've had him doing.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Quote: "
Grylls originally partnered with Discovery in 2006 when "Man vs. Wild" premiered on the network. So far, no word on Grylls' next move ... though it will probably somehow involve him drinking his own urine."

There goes the next environmental problem...

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
My missus is always calling him Grylis. I've told her about it loads of times but she looks at me like I'm the one who is wrong.

Of course you're wrong, she's female and therefore right, obviously. Should you turn out to be factually correct about one facet of whatever it is you're wrong about, there will be all of the rest of it that you're still wrong about.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I too like Bear!
He only act's that way because that's how Discovery channel want him to be!
In person he's a very nice bloke, and does not "BIG" himself up at all!
Anyone see his paraglide hight record attempt a few years ago?
At least he does not charge £350.00 for a 6 hr walk in the woods!
But i would probably charge that if i could!!!!...;)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I think it will be a good thing for 'ole Edward. He has been trying to move away from the outlandish scenarios, but Discovery insisted on keeping to the successful formula they had. You can see the way he wanted to go in a couple of really good episodes he had input on in the last series which moved away from the regular scenarios. Unfortunately, Discovery didn't want the programme to move that way and also had him contracted to the dreadful 'Worst Case Scenario' series, which hasn't aired over here yet, but has been broadcast for over 18 months in the States.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Hopefully the Scouts will follow suit.

Couldn't disagree more, He has done wonders for the movement IMO. Having seen how he is with kids at both Gillwell 24, and at the World Scout Jamboree in Sweden, I think he has done a great job as Chief Scout.

I guess there will always be the Marmite factor with him, where some love him, some hate him. I find it funny how heated and personal the debates about him can get, but scouting wise, I'm a fan.

Last edited:

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
what ever he does i wish him all the best, he seems to want to help people where he can, and also seems to be a genuine bloke...

regards.

chris.

madgaz

Forager
Sep 21, 2011
Bradford, West Yorkshire
I liked the programs at first, if merely for the fact that there were little other programs with a similar topic. I did however sky+ all his stuff and got so bored with them all being along the sane lines and therefore have about a dozen episodes still to watch, but would rather watch something else. I hope he can move forward from this and do something a little more subdued as I think his heart and soul is kn the right place.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I Have never felt that he has done anything wrong more of what tv has asked him to do, he has to pay his bills like every body else, he can only do what they want him to do, and as long as he gets his money I suppose he has just sucked it up, I think deep down he is a great guy, that has been portrayed bad by tv.
What ever rout he chooses I'm sure he will do well.
take care.
lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE