bcuk T-shirts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Hang on is that the embroidered for £15 Tony?

No the printed ones are £15, That's what iv paid anyway.
I understand that the embroidered ones are £20. But they do not have any at the moment. But if there is enough interest then they may do a run of them.

If they do a run then I will have one.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Here's a question - Obviously the embroidered T-shirts are more popular than the screen printed ones, why is this?

Also what else would you like to see? Richard's mentioned Polo's and we've talked about hoodies before.

Our plan is to produce a few more t-shirt designs so that there's a range of them, but at the same time it's worth us looking at the different products.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
I think the printed ones are too in your face and a bit messy (sorry). Given the choice, I would much prefer the embroidered ones. They're more subtle and grown-up. Personally, I would fore-go the embroidery on the back too....especially if it makes the t-shirt cheaper.

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
The screen printed ones look like an advert, given away free at an event. The Embroidered ones look much more stylish like nike or any other designer product :)
Chalk and cheese in my book.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Here's a question - Obviously the embroidered T-shirts are more popular than the screen printed ones, why is this?
Because we're old, sorry, I mean mature, and the design with the embroidery with the logo is more subtle.

Also embriodery gives the impression it is a thicker t-shirt as I guess people have memories of having screen printed t-shirts that were spit through and embroidered that were thick. I am not suggesting that is the case here, only that is the kind of association that comes up for me and maybe others.

Also what else would you like to see? Richard's mentioned Polo's and we've talked about hoodies before.

Our plan is to produce a few more t-shirt designs so that there's a range of them, but at the same time it's worth us looking at the different products.
Hoodies sound good especially if in kids sizes.

On a personal note we try to go all cotton rather than synthetic mix due to micro fibre pollution.

BCUK Legend speaks of a ventile jacket I think?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I know there's some resistance to baseball caps by some here but a nicely embroidered cap in a nice colour may sell? Maybe an "interest list" survey like you did with the courses would give you an idea of what would fly and what wouldn't.

Sent via smokesignal from a woodland in Scotland.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Not a fan of the design on the screen print ones, I liked the subtility of the older ones plus they did look much better quality (thickness wise).

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE

I would buy a hoodie a too.
I also like the idea of a baseball cap.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Embroidered look far posher. The original ones I had lasted for ages and looked as good as the day I bought them

Screen prints tend to crack and come off after a while. The only exception I have found was the organic t-shirts Woodlore did a while back. Mine still look perfect.

Plus the design looks better, sometimes less is more.

I'm in for a couple if your doing another run :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE