BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Squidders said:
feel a little intimidated about being around dozens of experts for a few days. :confused:

Yeah right!! I tink you've got a few misapprehensions! Some people are good at some things, everyone is learning. Those that shared knowledge at the last meet up wanted to be taught by others because they were weak in that area. We're all learning and I bet you'd not feel out of place with everyone else!

Squidders said:
If it's ok for relative beginners I'm up for it and open to offering lifts from the london area. :)

It's for everyone, it's not some advanced training thing, it's a few friends getting together and sharing some knowledge and making friends. everyone is welcome. At the last one we had people that had never done any outdoor stuff, they loved it and are desperate to come on the next one!

I expect your generous offer will be gratefully received by people!
:super:

I look forward to meeting you :wink:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Thanks Tony and Ed (And Falcon via PM) :You_Rock_

I know it's daft but I had a horrible vision like being a mormon at a beer festival :yikes:

It's in my diary (aka Eloise my well organised girlfriend) and come hell or high water i'll be there.

Lift option will remain open to anyone who needs it, I live between Heathrow and Luton so I could collect any jet-setters :biggthump

Cheers again.

K

karen

Well, i went last time and learnt a whole bunch of new stuff. So i'll be there, although i still can't use a bow-drill set :-( but a have a better understanding of bows now thanks to Chris C.

Can't wait, i may even give a hammock a try, but i'm still nervious. Keep thinking that i'm gonna wake up crashing to the ground.:yikes:

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
tomtom said:
are we allowed to bring non-members who are keen but not family?

i guess if not i can just get my mate to join.. :wink:
Yup people bought friends to the last one, although if they're interested in bushcraft get em join up anyway :D

The trip sounds really cool, I can come as long as I can pull in a couple of mates with me but when I mentioned a bushcraft trip to them before they seemed very game. How much is it? I saw the prices for the last trip but will it be the same again? if so £5 for me if so which shouldnt be to much of a dent in my pocket :eek:):

Also I can give a £5 towards becoming a site member if I go seeing as I dont have paypal

Oh and paying for the trip, once again as I have paypal is there another way I can send money via cheque?

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
B :***: r. Couldn't have been a worse time. I've a 5 day event starting on the Sunday in the Brecons... :(

And I was really looking forward to it as well - I know the Merthr Mawr site really well, spending 3 or 4 weekends (or even weeks) a year down there - Steve had just got a new Springer pup the last time I was there about 3 weeks ago...

Are these things just once a year?

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Think Tony is planning more this just the only confirmed one so far.

It looks even more promising I discussed it with my wife and she is even interested (big suprise there) so unless something big happens in the meantime I will be there.

James

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
It will be a nice celebration thing for me as i will have finished my A levels! :eek:):

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Willie, im sure i could come and collect you from the train station on my way up there. And im sure 18 is fine! (no age lmits anyway ;) )

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Oh, are standard grades gcse equivelents? :icon_redf Oops, im sure 16 is fine too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE