BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Get this in your diaries Guys and Girls 29th July - 1st Aug at Merthyr Mawr (maybe to the 2nd:?:) This is the date for one of the meet ups next year. I'm organising another one in a different part of the country and I'll let you know as soon as I can where and when that will be.

For more info on Merthyr Mawr have a look at the first few pages of the 2004 meet up thread http://www.bushcraftuk.net/community/showthread.php?t=1950&page=1

It will be along the same lines as the last one although we will probably cover a few other subjects as well, more details will follow as people volunteered to demonstrate things.

Once again the price will be as low as possible covering costs.

As you all know, the meet up we had in August was a fantastic success and a credit to all the members on bcuk. It really was a place to just relax and spend time with like minded people that want to share for free the knowledge they have. It's not to be missed.

I need to know how many people want it to go from the Friday (arrive anytime Friday) to Monday (leave any time) rather than to Sun as it was this year. Lots of people asked for it to be longer and I tried to get a bank holiday weekend but there were none available, so, we can just go into a Monday. I'll put up a poll.

And!! Is the meet up a good name or do you think we should have a different name for it? Suggestions welcome...Umm, I think I'll start a new thread off for that!

Anyway, more information will be forthcoming as soon as possible.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Sorry mate probably wont make that one as I have a course running that weekend but good luck.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
jamesdevine said:
YES. Thats more like it. It's an Irish bank Holiday and my Birthday that weekend. :You_Rock_

So were is the nearest Airport to the site.

James

cardiff international, I'll pick you up as I live next to the airport

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
tomtom said:
if i am back from my world travels by then i would love to come but i wont know untill next year.. is it likly it will sell out?
Sell out is unlikely as we have access to hundreds of acres of woodland! Space is not an issue!

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I WILL MAKE SURE I CAN COME. Put into the diary now, (and put it into other people's so they don't go arranging :wink:)

:biggthump

It will be a few days before my woodlore course. And a few days befoe the England Vs Wales match in the millenium stadium :wink: (although i'll be in woodlore)

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I will ask my dad how much it costs to fly to England. :wink: We could have our traditional bushcraft trip over there instead of in Sweden, this time. :pack: Just a thought.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Thanks for letting us know so early. I'll definately be there next year. Buckshot told me how good it was and I was gutted I couldn't make it. looking forward to it immenesly :super:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'd love to go but i'm c**p at most things I turn my hand to... feel a little intimidated about being around dozens of experts for a few days. :confused:

If it's ok for relative beginners I'm up for it and open to offering lifts from the london area. :)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
feel a little intimidated about being around dozens of experts for a few days.
Don't be... there is a good family atmosphere and its very informal and friendly ..... it'll be good to see you there.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE