BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
North Wales Llandudno
The General said:
http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/en/journey.php

I would leave Llandudno at 10:47 on the Friday and arrive at Bridgend at 15:59

I would travel back on Sunday departing Bridgend at 10:53 or at 19:43 depending on the situation.

I have told the owner at work if I can't have the holiday time I will make the next three months hell for him!

Question then, would anyone be willing to pick me up and drop me off on the relevent days? I can bribe with chocolate and a tutorial in sharpening! :-D

This is my current arrival time! :nana:

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I'm hoping I can be there quite early, all depends on what time Jakunen and Womble can get up... I know that the aged struggle in the mornings so it might not be till after lunch... :p

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Can pick you up individually if you want me too, otherwise what about John driving to your house Martin and I pick you both up from there??? Entirely up to the 2 you of you, pick up between 0700-0730 or is that too early, just thought at least that way I can get on the M4 before we get too much traffic build up.

What about our beloved organisers, would you prefer us not to be there too early?

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
7-7.30 isn't too early - it's a lie-in!

Might I make a suggestion? Aldershot train station is not difficult to find, and I live beside it. If you picked me up first (and I can be ready for any reasonable time after 6AM), I could direct you - if that is necessary - to Martins.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
No probs, I can manage that one, as long as the mods don't mind us getting there for about 0800, if they do we'll just have to find somewhere to have some breakfast first ;)

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Lithril said:
No probs, I can manage that one, as long as the mods don't mind us getting there for about 0800, if they do we'll just have to find somewhere to have some breakfast first ;)

is that 0800 on the friday or the saturday?? there wont be anyone there that early on the friday

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
0800 on the Friday. We can stop off when we get into Wales and get some breakfast so probably not quite that early. Do you want us to wait until a mod is there before we arrive??

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
when you turn up at the gate there will be a man named steve taking money for the car park. (you dont need to give him any money)

tell him you are here for the Bushcraft UK meetup weekend and he will open a different gate on the left.

drive into there take the first left and find a clearing to park and find a place to get your basha/tent/hammok set up.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm planning on getting there for lunch time or there abouts. It's about 4 hours from here (over 7 last time I went!! :cry: )

You guys will be very usefull for setting up the parachute and gate duty :wink: Arrive when you want to, things will be slow enough on the Friday for us to set up move things about etc.

I'm looking forward to it, I'll get some stickers for the names. :biggthump

AntarcticFire

Oct 3, 2003
Guildford, Surrey
www.uhmc.co.uk
No fair.... I'm not going to be able to leave work until 1730, so depending
on the traffic I may not get there until 1900/2000 :cry:

At least on the upside, I'll be working in Corsham on Friday so I don't have to
drive all the way from London!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE