BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi All. I've received monies from quite a few of you but I know that there are other people planning on coming to the meet up that have not paid, worry not!

You can still pay via paypal, or you can send me a cheque. If it comes to the crunch then pay when you're there. It would be easier for me (I've got to pay the estate) if you paid before but hey, the more the merrier.

So, no matter what you're all welcome, get there if you can it really is going to be a great weekend and remember that your friends are more than welcome as well.

Have a good one

T

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Lithril said:
Okies. John I'll leave home around 0600 so should be with you about 0630-0645.

Fine with me, I'll be outside Aldershot train station from 6.30 onwards. It's the time I usually catch my morning train anyway!

In case you need directions I'll PM you my mobile number.

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
I'm almost tempted to be a last minute sign up ..... but the thought of Eugene running around with an axe scares the poo poo out of me!! :eek:\\:

Now if it was in Chester ..... :archer: ... I could defend myself ...

from a safe distance:eek:):

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
I've slept rough about 5 times in the last 20 years .... each time was due to being too W**kered to find a bed ..... I'm all out of kit, bag, tent, etc. ... I do have a torch and a knife though ... and lots of paracord thanks to Joe :nana:

I have a feeling I would turn up and there would be Eugene and Somerville and double Oh Blow out with all their latest kit .. and besides ..... they would laugh at my eyebrows :p :nono:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just come!
I'm bringing some hammocks for people to try out so there will be somewhere to sleep....you've got a week to mention any other kit you need :wink:

I'm bringing the Ray Meas Eco Hammock, a Hennessy Hammock and a couple of Pods. These are all for people to try out and see what you think.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
something to sleep in/under. Grub and clothing. Anything else and it's a want rather than a need! Like I said though, you can use a hammock....

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

Off course I can't come (though i would love too) :wink: but can all of you now have a good time! :biggthump :pack:

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Tony said:
YOU, no kit? That's a hard one to swallow! What do you need....hey, the last time I gave you something you gave it away :rolmao:

Having no kit isn't strictly true........I do have a number 9 Opinel!

Tone, I didn't give it away, it was stolen from me...............and I know who it was :naughty:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Having no kit isn't strictly true........I do have a number 9 Opinel!
...and a hat.... don't forget your hat Jack :)
Glad you are comming down for the fun and games in wales. It will be good to catch up with you. Is your better half and the rest of the tribe comming?

Ed

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
Tony said:
something to sleep in/under. Grub and clothing. Anything else and it's a want rather than a need! Like I said though, you can use a hammock....
what about somewhere to keep the food? .. if it turns in to a hot day on Saturday, Sunday's brekkie might be a bit high

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
excuse the dumb questions, I spent part of a month around Font Romeu in the pyrenees when I was 14 living of poached food :naughty: .. but that was a loooooooooooooong time ago ... but fun.

what I really need is a bare minimum kit ....... I mean .. this is bushcraft isn't it? ... living off the land? ..... what's the point in gizmos and gadgets? ... got to have this axe ... got to have that stove ... OK so I bought a surefire :roll: .. but still .. you get my point?

who's bringing the girlies? :eek:): .. or do I have to bunk up with larry the lamb again? :naughty: :lol:

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
hi simon,

best option i reckon, is to take a tent to use as a base to store your stuff in and work from there.

then you can take variations of kit and try out new stuff, it isn't a test to see who can be the ultimate minimalist (if it was i wouldn't go), just a friendly meet up! no doubt i will cry when i see the tiny amount of kit everyone else takes! :roll:

I'm going to see how much info i can soak up to improve myself, and meet fellow bushcrafters, in a really nice atmosphere, i think that's what most of us are doing.

see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE