BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
just for clarity could someone confirm the opening time for the meetup!

i.e. what is the earliest time and day you want people to arrive?

i feel it all got a bit confused. :?:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
You can arrive any time you want. We're not going to be there to set up stuff until lunch/early afternoon. The meet itself will probably really start late afternoon/early evening. I can picture Friday night as people setting up, meeting other people, cooking, messing about and such.

I would imagine that Sat and Sun will be the real get stuck in days. The classroom area has gas lighting so people can collect there. We will also have 2 chutes up so people can get together there.

There will be plenty of space for sorting your accommodation out so there is no rush there. Come, take it easy and get as much out of the weekend as you all want :biggthump

If anyone has specific questions then put them up, I expect that they would benefit all

Cheers

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
D'oh! :umbrella: :rain: Oh well I'm still gonna be hard and sleep in my bivvy! (If one of you guys see a long green maggot shaped object floating by your hammock perhaps you could fish it out with a billhook or something - coz it'll be me! :eek:):)

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Have a great time everybody. :wave: :super: :You_Rock_
Sadly I can't go, but I hope to meet some of you at The Wilderness Gathering in a few weeks time.

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
Kath said:
If one of you guys see a long green maggot shaped object floating by your hammock perhaps you could fish it out with a billhook or something - coz it'll be me! :eek:):)
of course ;)........ there's extra protein in them :eek:):

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Wayne said:
Hi.

Can anyone give me directions to the site from the M4. Looks easy to get lost I think.

I should be arriving just after lunch. So if i'm not there by dark send out the search parties.
Come off the M4 at J35 and take the A48 towards Bridgend. Follow this road for just over 4 miles (going over 4 roundabouts) and you will come to a junction on the left that is signposted for Merthyr. Take this and when you get to the junction at the end (after about half a mile) take the right then immediately the next left. Carry on down the road for about 2 miles and you are there!

J

Jamie

If anyone is interested (yeah, like you're not!) in keeping an eye on the weather forecast for the Bridgend area....here you go!

Just remember that there is no such thing as bad weather, just badly dressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE