BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Yeah.... good idea about the name badges ....please don't get offended if I call you by your BCUK user names..... It gets complicated when I have to remember 2 names for everyone :-( its bad enough with plants having latin names and loads of common names without people doing it aswell.....

:)
Ed

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Ed said:
Yeah.... good idea about the name badges ....please don't get offended if I call you by your BCUK user names..... It gets complicated when I have to remember 2 names for everyone :-( its bad enough with plants having latin names and loads of common names without people doing it aswell.....

:)
Ed
Nah you got my name right by the end of the weekend.... Stuart on the other hand was introducing me to the public as Lithril ;)

Womble I hear this distrust with spending money online is an age thing... you never know in about 40 years time I might feel the same :eek:): :nana:

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
How about you get 3 questions to ask and then have to take a guess at each others username :rolmao: :rolmao:
Kath and Adi would be easy, but Raz, under all that lichen and stuff.....

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
badges good idea!

just call me Rapp! :super: i might go for the tent badge too! :biggthump

if you find my son or daughter prehaps i should give them a badge.......

"son of Rapp!" or "daughter of Rapp!" makes me sound like some pagan warrior/god! :rolmao: :rolmao: :eek:): :roll:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I think that your main problem would be getting a list of all that are going. I was thinking of getting some plain stickers for people to write names on and then stick them on arms etc......

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
That sounds like a better idea tony .... Just have them at the classroom and people can get/write their sticker when they arrive.

Ed

leon-1

Tony said:
I think that your main problem would be getting a list of all that are going. I was thinking of getting some plain stickers for people to write names on and then stick them on arms etc......

After having seen how many have responded to the poll, I can see what you mean and then there are people who will have thier significant others with them as well.

Ed said:
That sounds like a better idea tony .... Just have them at the classroom and people can get/write their sticker when they arrive.

would probably be the easiest and better bet :biggthump

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I thought you might like to see the area that the meetup is being held in
these are some pictures of a meet up we had there recently to practice some tracking.

BCUK.jpg

bcuk2jpg.jpg

in this picture you can see the classroom to the left

bcuk3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE