BCUK Bushmoot 2005 feedback

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend :D

Could anyone I promised to send information or copies of my notes to, please send me a PM reminder :confused:

Here is a link for anyone interested in more information about Soapwort

http://www.purplesage.org.uk/profiles/soapwort.htm

Any signs of the laxative effect yet Moduser? :p :D

here is a picture of Stuart preparing one of his traps

Attachments

• Stuart preparing trap.jpg
    Stuart preparing trap.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 215

The General

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
North Wales Llandudno
It was a fantastic time and I am glad my sharpening class was of help!

I am sitting here at home in front of my computer with the Simpsons on Sky in the background, thinking about going back to work on Wed and... I wish I were back with the lovely people I met and wish it would never end. :D

You people are great and I am humbled.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Sitting at home now and realising that I don't have NEARLY as many photographs as I promised myself I would take. GRRRRR!!

I think a big THANK YOU needs to go to Fenlander for stepping into the breach and doing the bow drill stuff in addition to all the nature walks.

James, thank you so much for the use of the tent, my mum thoroughly enjoyed her first ever camping trip. The only problem now is that she is pointing out tents, I think she rather wants me to buy one like Buckshot's!

The only blot on an otherwise perfect weekend was that we didn't get out on the dunes enough! LOL. Next time, next time...having spent a bit of time wandering around I can say that they are well worth walking over. Good exercise too!! :rolleyes:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I'm very dissappointed i couldn't make the whole weekend, i was unwell friday and saturday (Beachbum I promise, it wasn't a hangover :p ;) ). But while i was there i enjoyed meeting as many of you as i could; Tony, Stuart, Goose, Beachbum, Virulentsalamander, Rovingrich, Leon-1, General, C_Claycomb oh and the pignuts (plural :D ). Sorry I couldn't meet you all, next time i'll make sure im there :)

The site was immaculate and the environment was friendly, looking forward to the next!

I was also meant to send some of you links for a certain unmentionable stropping device. Could you remind me? :)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
great meet, everyone was friendly and welcoming and more than generous with their time and knowlage.
special thanks have to go to tony and the mod team for all their organisation and to beach bum and tony for lifts to and from the meet and station. (although i was cutting it a little fine on the way back, i had a whole 4 minutes to spare). i made it back to scotland with only 1/2 an hours delay.

roll on the next one, and let's make it longer!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank all those who put together and helped out at the july05 MM.. The site was easy to find and had space, tree's. Making good for tents and hammocks(which I managed not to fall out of mine!).
Others & I learned from the workshop's,which were excellent again.WELL DONE!.
And are community got along helping each other , share-ing and having fun which made the day. For me the Bowdrill (sparked some inspiration) & it was good to see you all even if not talk to you all.Thank you.
The General said:
:DYou people are great and I am humbled.
yes true!
Graham_S said:
roll on the next one, and let's make it longer!!!!
yes true!
cgait said:
I forward that notion of having a longer meet next time.The only thing bad about the weekend was the leaving time.
I second that!.
Good luck with the Exam! sam & mat.... ..
Ps well said Sargey
icon4.gif
"SAFTY FIRST"
Pps.... ..Tony: How many members / non member were there.Did any one make a tally?
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

leon-1

Rollnick said:
I'm very dissappointed i couldn't make the whole weekend, i was unwell friday and saturday (Beachbum I promise, it wasn't a hangover :p ;) ). But while i was there i enjoyed meeting as many of you as i could; Tony, Stuart, Goose, Beachbum, Virulentsalamander, Rovingrich, Leon-1, General, C_Claycomb oh and the pignuts (plural :D ). Sorry I couldn't meet you all, next time i'll make sure im there :)

The site was immaculate and the environment was friendly, looking forward to the next!

I was also meant to send some of you links for a certain unmentionable stropping device. Could you remind me? :)

It was very good to meet you and your father and I will get a list to you for billtong at some stage (unemployment is curbing my finances), all the best to you and your dad, Leon :)

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
and the group photo above was only the people who were there by saturday morning, does anyone know how many people there were by the time we finnished on monday?

Thank you to all that came for making it a fantastic event, I learnt a little more about bushcraft from every person I met.

I didnt get many pictures, far too busy running about enjoying myself, but here are the ones I did get

the ash longbow workshop:
BM2.jpg

one of the deadfalls from the trapping workshop:
BM3.jpg

(many thanks to chris for helping in is construction, certainly not a job for one person!)

preparing the game for the hangi (ground oven)
BM1.jpg

preparing the pig for the hangi
BM4.jpg

I would love to see the pictures everyone else took, did anyone get any pictures of the food that came out of the hangi?? or the flint knapping workshop?? or that enormous parachute the evenings were spent under?

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Cheers Leon, great to meet you too mate, lmk about the biltong. Im in SA in september so i could get you the real thing if you want :D

M

marcja

Stuart said:
did anyone get any pictures of the food that came out of the hangi?? or the flint knapping workshop?? or that enormous parachute the evenings were spent under?

Here's John showing off his skills:-
PICT0105.jpg

And here's the flint axe I made (oops I mean John made):rolleyes:
PICT0106.jpg

And the parachute
PICT0108.jpg

Here's the pig just as it was rolled out on the table
PICT0111.jpg

Another of the traps:
PICT0115.jpg

And that's about it, I thinkthe rest of the pics i'd taken have already been shown.

And, I'm gonna say it again, what a fantastic weekend, not to be forgotten :cool:

Marc

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Hi All

This was my second B.C.U.K. meet and it was amazing the site, the courses and the thing that always renders me speechless and slightly sad to return home at the end, the people. You guys are amazing I don’t know of another bunch of people that meet on a Friday some as complete strangers and will then share openly and freely knowledge, equipment, food, intimate and personal thoughts and then go home after a few days having made lasting bonds and strong friendships, I love you guys you all rock:D

A big thanks has to go out to Tony, Stuart, Edd, Chris, Buckshot, Lithril (and all the others my poor tired brain can’t type at the moment) for a super human effort in organising such a stunning weekend. To all the course instructors for giving their time and knowledge so freely we salute you.:cool:

As for what I took away from the weekend I have a load of sharp flint pieces and some arrow heads, my first self made long bow, a large list of questions for next time, a book shopping list longer than my arm, a bunch of new friends and one huge unanswered question “ When’s the next one?”

Stuart as requested two of the few photos I took was of the knapping work shop and it has the parachute in it too.

IMG_5722.jpg

IMG_5723.jpg

A special; thanks to Chris for the ride too and from MM without you this weekend for me would not have been possible thanks mate

See you all soon

James

Ooh nearly forgot don’t forget to update your buddy list mines had a load of names added

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
What a great Weekend ! MM is a fabulous site and only enhanced by such brilliant company.
Here's a bunch more photos frpm the weekend :

Stuart melting by the hangi fire
DSC_2818.jpg

The Flintknappers

DSC_2825.jpg

Fenlanders Wildlife wander

DSC_2826.jpg

Buckshot uncovering the Hangi

DSC_2832.jpg

The Hangi

DSC_2840.jpg

More Hangi

DSC_2848.jpg

a few more to come.....

Cheers
Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE