BCB Crusader Mug Lids

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rocket

Mar 30, 2006
Isle of Wight
Danceswithhelicopters said:
Anyone know if these are for sale yet? No sign on the BCB website but there is a picture in a magazine of one in their advert.

Oooh one of those would be good!
I made one but I'd always prefer one of better quality :D

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
Can we see a photo of the one you made and or the picture from the magazine advert?

Rocket
What did you make your lid from?

Danceswithhelicopters
Which magazine was the advert in?

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Dances,

The advert for BCB was also in Soldier a couple of months ago with the crusader lid, I cant find them either.

Brian

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I made one out of an old bit of aluminium, using a plywood former screwed to a bit of wood to knock the rim etc into shape. It's worth having a go.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I made one out of tape sealed cardboard covered in aluminum foil to reflect the heat for my CF canteen cup. It was a disaster, it didn't work, I had no luck. And I'm a little miffed, because I still have all these US issue trioxane tablets that I think I could boil water with if I put a lid on the top of the canteen cup. (I was never able to really boil water with trioxane before, it burns too fast.) But then again, it doesn't blacken your cookware like hexy does. And I have a brand new box of it just waiting to burn)

Adam

leon-1

addyb said:
I made one out of tape sealed cardboard covered in aluminum foil to reflect the heat for my CF canteen cup. It was a disaster, it didn't work, I had no luck. And I'm a little miffed, because I still have all these US issue trioxane tablets that I think I could boil water with if I put a lid on the top of the canteen cup. (I was never able to really boil water with trioxane before, it burns too fast.) But then again, it doesn't blacken your cookware like hexy does. And I have a brand new box of it just waiting to burn)

Adam

Adam, we used to use the foilised packets from buiscuits brown in the army to make a lid and they worked well enough, John C's idea is as good as any as long as you can get hold of the aluminium (aluminum for those of you over the pond).

Thinking about it You could always make one from a big enough tin can, split it down the side roll it flat cut out an oversized shape of the rim put in some splits and roll the edges up so that they are not sharp.

Drill a hole in the middle and put a wooden handle on the top, only a thought :)

outdoorcode

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2005
Halton West Uk
www.outdoorcode.co.uk
The lid is still in the R&D stage at the moment, BCB did think it would be ready, hence the adverts but the MOD have yet to sign it off so it will be a while till it is available

Hope that answers that question :)

Andrew

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
A good material for making lids with is either aluminium chippy trays or the disposable buffet trays you can get from supermarkets. The buffet tray ali is pretty good and robust.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I made my crusader lid out of an old foil pie dish. Works fine, folds in half for storage inside the cooker.

Just make sure to roll the edges - that heavy foil is razor sharp when cut.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE