BBC does it again ! Brilliant !

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Everyone moans about the licence fee. But the BBC makes epic programmes. I wish RM hadn't defected to ITV. ITV is mainstream and is afraid to step over the line and put every penny up on the screen. The BBC does this very very well.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Anyone else get a dash of vertigo at 1:38? I actually gripped the edges of the desk at that moment.

Looks like a great series too. Thanks for the heads up. Seem to recall a lot of those scenes from the previous series though, or is this a repeat?

Last edited:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Hasnt that been on before, or at least something very like it, i seem to remember the bridge made from living vines?, superb programming for sure though.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I like the trailer but I don't like the way the BBC seems to portray African and south american tribes on TV, they come across as patronising towards said tribe and towards the viewer. But the images are truly outstanding.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What were the guys with the baskets up to, I must have missed that one?

I take it they were after fish?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I like the trailer but I don't like the way the BBC seems to portray African and south american tribes on TV, they come across as patronising towards said tribe and towards the viewer. But the images are truly outstanding.

Obviously from someone who is educted in these matters, an overview is bound to seem patronising. Remember this programme is supposed to appeal to the masses and draw those in who are not inclined to be interested in this type of thing. It's education. But visually great education which can change opinion. That's good.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Obviously from someone who is educted in these matters, an overview is bound to seem patronising. Remember this programme is supposed to appeal to the masses and draw those in who are not inclined to be interested in this type of thing. It's education. But visually great education which can change opinion. That's good.

I wasn't claiming I was a expert just my opinion of BBC shows of that ilk, and I am well aware that they have to have a mass market audience but the presenters / voice over always seems to come across patronising that's what puts me off. Its the style of production that irks me.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I know what you mean. I call it the Blue Peter style of presenting. Countryfile is rife with it. But then, some of them are actually ex BP presenters :lmao:

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Fantastic footage. Does anyone know where the falls at 1:18 are?

If you enjoyed the above you will probably appreciate this.

[video=youtube;P0xVp3N-M84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0xVp3N-M84[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE