BBBrrrrrrr!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike Harlos

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2004
Canada
A bit chilly today... here's our forecast (right now it's minus 33 C with wind chill at minus 45):

weathertoday.gif

Makes even driving a car a bit of a concern... if you end up stranded for a couple of hours, things could be difficult (eg. outside the city, or even if you have to walk a few blocks and don't have skin protection for frostbite). I always have a "kit" that includes appropriate clothing, candle (for heat), and make sure that I have a cell phone on me.

Mike

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Mike Harlos said:
A bit chilly today... here's our forecast (right now it's minus 33 C with wind chill at minus 45):

Makes even driving a car a bit of a concern... if you end up stranded for a couple of hours, things could be difficult (eg. outside the city, or even if you have to walk a few blocks and don't have skin protection for frostbite). I always have a "kit" that includes appropriate clothing, candle (for heat), and make sure that I have a cell phone on me.

Mike

Sounds cold. Our windchill is only minus 40 C. Snowshoeing this morning has not been too bad where the trail runs through the forest. In the spots where we are exposed to the (rather strong) wind off Shagawa Lake, we moved very quick. Froze my scarf to my moustache. Back to the lodge now for breakfast and hot coffee. We'll eat soon as our faces thaw.

Had planned to make a fire and eat on the trail, but sitting still for that long just didn't seem like a good idea. Been so realtively warm this winter (to date) that we've never really gotten aclimatized to cold weather.

PG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE