Battle of Hastings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Last weekend was spent at the re-enactment of the Battle of Hastings.

So just a few pictures from around the camp for you as today is the anniversary.

Hastings-2015-2.jpg

Hastings-2015-1.jpg

Hastings-2015-3.jpg

Hastings-2015-4.jpg

Hastings-2015-5.jpg

Hastings-2015-6.jpg

Hastings-2015-7.jpg

Hastings-2015-8.jpg

Hastings-2015-9.jpg

Hastings-2015-10.jpg

Hastings-2015-11.jpg

Axe-Masks.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
An absolutely staggering range of skills on display in these photographs; excellent post, thank you!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Those carved chests are just WOW... would love the opportunity to see those in real life.

Are you doing any reenactment fairs in the North of England any time soon?

I missed the Tatton Park one this year with one thing or another :(

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Nice pics and craftmanship, the mist does remind me of Hastings 2000 when wandering round the battle site in kit after dawn and a troop of armoured horsemen came trotting through the mist. Then there was wandering down to the beer tent at night, cloaked as we all were. Hard frost and patches of mist again, one didn't look too closely into the hoods of the others appearing out of the gloom. They were probably reenactors.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Amazing stuff - love it all (except the Scotch eggs!) :)

You tried haggis instead of sausagemeat around the eggs for propper Scotch Eggs? Yumm.

Wayland, brilliant post and pictures. Really sad I couldn't get down for that. Think the memories would last a lifetime.
Cheers for posting up.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
There is so much trash on the TV nowadays, especially so called 'reality shows', but things like this are packed full of important history, crafts and earnest dedicated people and it probably only gets a 5 minute slot on the local news, such a shame. At least we know if will get good coverage on here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Amazing post! This a walk through history...This is The Reenacting event!!! I was in the Monteaperti battle, and in many others medieval festival in the past with my company, here in Italy, but I've heard epic things about this event! Thank you for sharing Wayland !! Thank you for your great site, is always an inspiration for me! Ciao!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE