Battery powered mini lantern

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
C

Craghopper

Hi all,

Any one know of a decent small & lightweight battery powered lantern? I need one for inside my tent and am a little unsure what to buy... most of the ones I see on the web appear to be made of cheese :S

Btw I already own a G2, Scoutlight and Gamma so need a single purpose lantern type thingy only, not one of those torch/lantern ones ;)

Thanks in advance guys.

CH

C

Craghopper

Thanks Shewie, that LED MicroPacker is exactly what I'm after ;)

maynman

Sep 26, 2006
pembrokeshire/west wales
Hi
I got myself a cracking lantern lately. Its a CYBER-LITE BACKPACKER
I just looked on line and you can get one from www.outdoorgb.com for about £19

The lamp is very good quality, and i mean very good, it takes 4 aaa batteries, its water proof, it also uses a cree led and that makes it very bright

Its made from aircraft aluminium, and lens is removable so you can hang it upside down

I cant rate this lantern lower than 10 out of 10

A great bit of kit

Hope this helps maynard

C

Craghopper

@ Chainsaw - any idea how long a fresh set of batts would last on full brightness?

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
what about the bulb from alpkit. Ive not tried one but never had anything that wasn't excellent from them.

I was going to suggest that, as I have one and rate it, but when I looked up the page, it's been discontinued and they hope to replace it with something even better later on.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Specs state - Battery life at 70 degreesHigh: 10 / low: 25 hours

BTW it's very bright when in the tent, I normally turn it down to about half. There's tons more info here and here I bought it blind as it was on sale and lucked out.

Cheers,

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE