Battery Charger help please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
Hi all,
I'm looking for some help with my toys, please.
I have an Anker solar panel that I do, occasionally, use to charge my phone.
However, I have Eneloop aa & aaa batteries that I am interested in charging up with the Anker, but I just don't know where to find a good 'thing' to put the solar input into the eneloop batteries.
Do any of you know of a good 'thing' on the market ?
Help would be greatly appreciated

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
Hi, if you have a look at magnetic battery chargers you may find something, here is an example below:

You may find an issue is that there isn't sufficient power coming from the solar charger so you may have to have an intermediate power bank, effectively to use to filter out the noise. There may be one on your Anker charger if it is suitable for charging your phone, as long as the input and output match you should be ok.

Mar 6, 2020
Hemel Hempstead
If you are happy to chargr them slowly, you can trickle thtough a resisitor, no charge termination is required at less than c/10.

If you are charghing 1 cell at a time with a normal looking resistor, use 470R ish (no less). One per cell. It will take about 24 sunny hours.

For 4 in series, go down to about 330R,it will be a bit faster.

Tgey are full-ish at 1.4V per cell for NiMh.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Have a search on YouTube mate for a fella doing a review on solar chargers....I seem to remember that there's a video on there and the guy claims that the solar chargers don't output enough amperage to charge up a power bank.

The scenario was that he was using the solar charger to charge the power bank during the day for night time use, and he was only getting about a quarter of the charge capacity of whichever power bank he was using (sure it was an Anker, can't remember the size).

Hope this info helps.

Thanks,

Allan

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE