bargin cast iron bbq

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gaoler

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Notts
I have had two of these.
Radiate loads of heat for those cooler evenings.
They both worked a treat untill they got knocked over.
Ok for garden use but they don't travel well and aren't kid proof. (Guess who knocked them over)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Umm, i've had one of these in it's box in my garage for years, I keep thinking i should get it out but i tend to use my cut in half gas bottle as a BBQ, ought to give it a go though.....plenty of kids to knock it over so i'll be able to test that :D

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Hopefully mine should turn up easrly this coming week ready for departure on sat. Well at least i know where there are some local to my holiday (nant-y-croi) if my 4 legged kids break it :lmao:

African

Mar 12, 2007
Stevenage
Excellent barbie, start with 8 or so briquettes and when they are going drop them into the bottom and put a bunch of foil wrapped spuds in with them. Then start a new fire on top and use this one to cook the meat on. When the meat is done you can fish out the spuds which will be perfect!! Meat and potatoes what more do you want??? :D

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
I've been using this type for years now.
great for bbq and great for sneeking on a couple of logs later on the no fire sites
only thing is they can be a bit hard to transport
bob

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Yep that was my thoughts exactly:)

The last one I had managed to use it for three years in Garden and camping.
Got my moneys worth out of it
the problem I found was in the quality of the casting which dose make it a bit brittle
but if you are carefull it's well worth the money
bob

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Came today sitting pretty next to the living room fireplace :) ready to be packed for holiday
U mean u havent tried it out yet, watch out for the grill rest they are weak point

A wee cheat for on the no fire sites ,use crackle logs pop one on after you have finished cooking they burn for a couple of hours and give u the feeling of an open fire and give off a reasonable heat to.
bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE