Barbour Coat advice

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
My question is why do they(barbour) line the sleeves with nylon, (both mine have this)whenever ive done even moderate walking eg, hrs dog walk along the coast inside the sleeves are soaked with sweat..

I think it is because the nylon is more easily cleaned - turn the sleeve inside out and wash off with a cloth.
 
I realise this may well be a bit late but if you're anywhere near a Mole Country store, besides the Barbours they also do their own? version of a waxed jacket. I accept it's no Barbour but then they are only £45. I use mine for walking the dog and it's plenty warm and dry enough. Bellows and hand warmer pockets plus detachable hood. Can't go wrong imho.
 
I have just sold my Sapper and bought the more fitted Corbridge, both great jackets but had to up to a XL in the Corbridge, im 6ft and 44 chest, the sapper was a large and big on me, make sure you try them on :)
 
I see on the Barbour website that there is now a "New Durham" jacket in 6oz sylkoil as opposed to the "Classic Durham" jacket in 4oz sylkoil.
This should be ideal for bumbling about in brambles. I think I feel a purchase coming on.

Cheers Andy
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE