Barbour Coat advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
My question is why do they(barbour) line the sleeves with nylon, (both mine have this)whenever ive done even moderate walking eg, hrs dog walk along the coast inside the sleeves are soaked with sweat..

I think it is because the nylon is more easily cleaned - turn the sleeve inside out and wash off with a cloth.

Jun 29, 2011
Lincolnshire
I realise this may well be a bit late but if you're anywhere near a Mole Country store, besides the Barbours they also do their own? version of a waxed jacket. I accept it's no Barbour but then they are only £45. I use mine for walking the dog and it's plenty warm and dry enough. Bellows and hand warmer pockets plus detachable hood. Can't go wrong imho.

Jan 25, 2015
United Kingdom
I have just sold my Sapper and bought the more fitted Corbridge, both great jackets but had to up to a XL in the Corbridge, im 6ft and 44 chest, the sapper was a large and big on me, make sure you try them on :)

ANDGRIN

Jun 4, 2004
Bristol
I see on the Barbour website that there is now a "New Durham" jacket in 6oz sylkoil as opposed to the "Classic Durham" jacket in 4oz sylkoil.
This should be ideal for bumbling about in brambles. I think I feel a purchase coming on.

Cheers Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE