Bag for billy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
After using he billy over a fire it becomes very blackened and then I dont to out it my rucksack so some kind of bag to sotre it in would be good. Anyone no of such a bag?
How do you store your billy?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
How about a lightweight cotton bag with a drawstring at the top ... easy to wash and won't melt because of any heat left in the metal. Easy to knock one up too.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
If your not bothered about looks, cut the leg off an old pair of jeans, sew a tunel in one end to take a drawstring and sew the other end up completely.....Job done :-D

larry the spark

Forager
Dec 16, 2003
Belfast
I got a small nylon stuff sack that I don't use for its intended purpose (pertex/pile shirt), into which fits my hobo stove, inside which is my zebra billy with rations inside. Gotta make sure its cool first though othewise would cause quite a nasty mess! Cotton would defo be preferable but I guess you make do with whats at hand :-?

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Found an old cotton bag while clearing ot my apartment that and some paracord and that billy got a bag :-D

Got ot think about an old swedish gas mask bag that also would be great for billy. Many new ideas has popped into my head.

Gas mask bag

bild10.jpg

donkeyporge

Dec 9, 2003
Wigan
Same sort of question but for the Swedish Army Trianga? Anyone know of a ready-made bag or alternative for it (I can't be bothered making one)

donkeyporge

Dec 9, 2003
Wigan
Same sort of question but for the Swedish Army Trianga? Anyone know of a ready-made bag or alternative for it (I can't be bothered making one)

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
donkeyporge said:

I was thinking of getting a respirator pouch for mine - from memory I think it'll fit. While it is very neat stuffed in the wind shield, would be nice to have something to pack it in too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE