Badger poop..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Yep. This is an entire thread about some poop I found today, good and fresh too. It looks like this badger has been enjoying some beetles.

I have for a long time ignored learning badgers in favour of the red fox, but I see far more evidence for badger these days. They’re a complex creature.

0BBE1B4F-9911-4C00-BA7B-69EED9CAACA4.jpeg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
How do you know it's a badger ? I did one of the walk and talk things with the local countryside rangers and they were delighted to find the badger's latrine over the burn. They said that badgers always have a latrine pit (this one was a straight down hole about 15cm in diameter, and maybe 20-25cm deep. She pulled a long grass stem and poked it down, and the end came up with 'muck' on it. It smelled sweet. She said that's how she knew it was a badger.

Reactions: FerlasDave

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Exactly that, sweet smelling and in a latrine. Unmistakeable once you notice.

Unfortunately for the badgers it’s right on the path in the grounds of an outdoor centre, which as of this week is back up and running. I’m sure they’ll find somewhere else.

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE