Bad weather in the UK

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
so far as I can tell all of the weather warnings and predictions for this week are just the same as we have been having on and off all 'summer'! Just wait until winter gets here, it might get cold too!

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Cant beat good solid rain. Great for gear testing. I usually find whenever i buy a new waterproof layer it doesnt rain for a month. The only downside to this weather is the poor sods who get flooded out.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
No such thing as bad weather :rolleyes:........................... Blustery showers here today & every drop is welcome as it hasn't rained since the begining of August. We did have some strong, balmy winds on sunday, with gusts up to 100 km per hour. Probably just Isaac shootin' his last cartridge.:)

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
VERY windy here this morning, had to get my proper foul weather gear on for the dog walk this morning, not too much rain though. I heard someone in Kew Gardens got knocked down by a falling tree yesterday, talk about wrong place at the wrong time :(

I'm luck I don't have to travel far to work - 3min walk down the road :) ............ roll on the snow:)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Once winter sets in the sun will come out and it will become dry, but cold

I've been saying for years we now have a wet season and a dry season. The dry season we used to call winter...

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I've been saying for years we now have a wet season and a dry season. The dry season we used to call winter...

There's a lot of truth in that ....... after this years very worrying research on the arctic ice caps which have melted far faster than anyone had predicted, they reckon that if they continue to melt at the current rate there will be no ice left in 4 years time. Not only is the flore & fauna who depend on the cold & ice condemned but it acts as a temperature regulator for the whole planet. .................we are possibly entering a climatic upheaval of which we know nothing about,......in the words of the great explorer Captain James Kirk ....." We are boldly going where no man has gone before"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE