Bad Moon a Rising

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I just treated myself to a wireless release for the Canon - partly for those "super steady" moments needed with the Macro etc. but also for long telephoto shots.

I decided to try it out and here is tonight's result

3163902122_c095518ce5_o.jpg

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
400mm - 1/15s @f5.6 100 ISO

I was messing a little with bracketing but it turned out quite nicely I thought :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks for the kind words all :eek:

I'm gradually trying to learn new techniques and get better at using things like tripods etc. (which I have been laothe to carry in the past). With both macro and a really long lens I have found even pressing the shutter release button can cause enough vibration to "blur" so decided to try a remote release - it really does help!

Still so much to learn :rolleyes:

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I'm gradually trying to learn new techniques and get better at using things like tripods etc. (which I have been laothe to carry in the past). With both macro and a really long lens I have found even pressing the shutter release button can cause enough vibration to "blur" so decided to try a remote release - it really does help!
Cracking shot BR - did you have to crop the original? and if so by how much?

something else to look into to reduce shake on long focal lengths is the 'mirror lockup' function if your camera has it ;)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I did crop it to about a third of original size....

Off to investigate mirror lock up...cheers BT :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It does indeed - one shall try this - you are a star (or possibly some other form of celestial body) :D

Cheers - you live and learn!!!

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
For those like me who don't have a cable release, a 2 second timer is usually long enought for the tripod vibrations to stop after pressing the shutter.

Stu

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Da ya no I was just gonna say could the timer function do the same job Neanderthal... great pic Red
D
Just to be really anal was it the canon lens? L series or something else? Also what is it like in low light? Is on it?
D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE