Bad, good and better!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Can you point us to a link re the rules on tolerance and appropriateness? I don't want to mess up and either get in trouble or offend anyone :)

I've found a statement
5 - Forum subject matter
Some subjects should be avoided on bushcraft uk. Firstly any subject that the moderators say is not appropriate should not be discussed. Particular problem subjects where moderator guidance should be followed are those such as politics, survivalism (often becomes extreme), legal systems, TV shows and criticism of people, religion - this list is not all inclusive and members are expected to follow guidance given by moderators and other members that know the ropes
....I understand we can discuss reiki without a spiritual context? There sounds good evidence for a scientific one anyway :)

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
well not quite out of the woods yet, (ha!) but all good Hamish thanks mate. :D we just have to be carefull what we say now we have the same protection as 'mainstream' callings! we dont want to be shut down. :)

Actually, Steve mate, I'm sorry, but the creation of false idols - ie woodspirit carvings - is expressly forbidden by my religion, on the grounds that they may give indigestion following the eating of virgin hearts. I trust in your abiding of the rules and you will not make any mention or representation of such blasphemous carvings in the future. And of course change your "handle" to something less inappropriate:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Actually, Steve mate, I'm sorry, but the creation of false idols - ie woodspirit carvings - is expressly forbidden by my religion, on the grounds that they may give indigestion following the eating of virgin hearts. I trust in your abiding of the rules and you will not make any mention or representation of such blasphemous carvings in the future. And of course change your "handle" to something less inappropriate:)

I thought his name referred to an organic eco stove fuel.....

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

your absolutely right Andy, how thoughtless and insensitive of me to parade these false effigies around on a family forum! i will gather them up and burn the lot... as long as you ditch those halal habits, and on a solstice too! have you never heard of the 'house of virgins protection league'? been around for a long time, a very secret and ancient gathering. who will probably hear about you trampling on their sacred beliefs! in fact i will tell them now. :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
your absolutely right Andy, how thoughtless and insensitive of me to parade these false effigies around on a family forum! i will gather them up and burn the lot... as long as you ditch those halal habits, and on a solstice too! have you never heard of the 'house of virgins protection league'? been around for a long time, a very secret and ancient gathering. who will probably hear about you trampling on their sacred beliefs! in fact i will tell them now. :)

Just be careful not to Google "House of Virgins":)

(and I wonder how many are doing just that!)

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
The effects of medicines wear off so that may have been the case with the old chap. People do improve without wafting. Still glad you weren't hospitalised for long and were allowed to move around so it can't have been too bad.

In my ward those with heart attacks weren't even allowed out of bed to go to the loo for a day at least. What we did have were some brilliant gallows humour jokes going round which were very therapeutic, better than a visit from the chaplain or anybody else claiming special powers.

I think that the best word to describe this reply and all you consequent ones is "TROLL" if you don't believe in it that's fine bugger off out of the thread and leave those that do to it. Having never experienced it (though i would like to) myself i sit on the fence awaiting an experience to make my mind up. I don't however just take pot shots based on a belief that is no more proven than the "special powers" that you mention. There has been no definitive proof that this is hokum and until there is i for one will remain open minded! I would suggest that you try to do the same although from your posts i'm not sure that would be possible.

On top of this the OP stated that he was ILL and you still try to antagonize him, poor form mate.

Dave

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Actually, Dave, as much as I like and admire Steve in person, and as much as I think Boatman's gone well over the top, you are arguing from an illogical position! Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof! Otherwise I could quite cheerfully claim that fairies tears trigger oak tree growth and tell you to eff orf if you can't disprove it:)

The same goes for Pastafarians, who will give $250,000 (it may be $500,000 now) to anyone who can definitively prove that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not the Supreme Deity. So far, no-one has been able to claim the reward........

As far as Reiki goes, if it makes someone feel better, then its ok with me (as long as its used as a complementary treatment, not an alternative). Besides, I know its close relative - Rakia - works a treat:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Rakia as in Balkan fire water?
Devils own brew!
Actually, Dave, as much as I like and admire Steve in person, and as much as I think Boatman's gone well over the top, you are arguing from an illogical position! Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof! Otherwise I could quite cheerfully claim that fairies tears trigger oak tree growth and tell you to eff orf if you can't disprove it:)

The same goes for Pastafarians, who will give $250,000 (it may be $500,000 now) to anyone who can definitively prove that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not the Supreme Deity. So far, no-one has been able to claim the reward........

As far as Reiki goes, if it makes someone feel better, then its ok with me (as long as its used as a complementary treatment, not an alternative). Besides, I know its close relative - Rakia - works a treat:)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
This is well worth watching, for entertainment value at the very least.

[video=youtube_share;DRqlvqHBVCg]http://youtu.be/DRqlvqHBVCg[/video]

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I think it best to leave the spiritualism pro/con arguments now please
Otherwise this thread risks being locked as it discusses religion

Let us know how your tests/ check ups go Steve

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I'm afraid lifes too short to watch an hour long video link, I did click but as soon as I realised he wasn't doing his naked fire dance, I kinda lost interest, fickle lass that I am :)

Tell you what is about as near to religion and feelgood factor as I think its polite or possible to get. The 'whos coming to the bushmoot' thread... one of the members is going to renew their handfasting vows at it as its their 'year and a day'.... they've thrown their celebration open to everyone of all creeds as peers to witness it and checked that it wouldn't cause offense, some different faiths have expressed interest and its a shining example of tolerance and openmindedness which makes me proud of this society and forum :)

I hope this doesn't constitute a breach and if so, many apologies, innocently done :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I'm going to have to google the sac thing... I hope I'm not going to regret this ;)

EDIT- Unexpectedly survived without need of mind bleach, theres a first for me, unknown words and google ;)

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Glad you are ok now. Take care of yourself.
My wife is a Holistic therapist and I am a Shaman. But that does not mean we do not use drugs/meds/splints etc?
no it just means that we acknowledge that there are other things that can help also
A Shaman will use what ever tools suit his needs and he tries to give people what they need NOT what they want!
The human mind can do amazing things sometimes.
My father in law was a scientist (Franz Mandl statistical physics/Quantum mechanics), but even he in the end had to admit that sometimes there isn't a scientific answer to things.
We used to have many a 'discussion' on this, but in the end, it did not matter what either of us thought, but what happened. He could not always explain what happened lol.
Alan

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Blimey!! How i missed this thread, is beyond me, (being a nosey so and so, and spending far too much time on BCUK) After taking 15 or so minutes, reading all of it, in my wisdom, all i have to add, is, glad you are still with us my friend, and glad you are on the mend.

Oh! And my better half has just said "No!" And cable tied my hands behind my back.

Ivan...

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Sounds like fun...
whip.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE