Backwoods Veidemann Course Pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fire Starter

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2005
England
I have finally got around to posting some pics of the Veidemann course run by backwoods survival school. I had a brilliant time in Norway with a great bunch of people. The skills and activities were spot on and we experienced sunshine, gale force winds, snow, sleet, rain but this just added to the experience. Probably never eat a trout or berries again lol

A big thanks to Patrick for his patience and guidence.

PS. Steve if your on the forum pm me your email address as i have mislaid it.

Veidemann1.jpg

Veidemann2.jpg

Veidemann3.jpg

Veidemann4.jpg

Veidemann5.jpg

Veidemann6.jpg

Veidemann7.jpg

Veidemann8.jpg

Veidemann9.jpg

Gailainne

Life Member
Looks like you all had a great time, a bit serious in the first photo tho :D . Interesting corracol, and the paddle design, would never have thought of just making a frame and stretching hide over it.

In the last photo, has Patrick decided to play Nero and let you lot carry him :lmao:

Cheers

Stephen

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Nice photos,makes me want August to hurry up as i,m doing Patricks Beachcomber course then with CraigM9. I,m busy making bone and antler hooks plus harpoon points using only flint and Sandstone tools,to get me up to speed for the course. Seeing your pics has made want to go on the veidemann course as well now :rolleyes:
Thanks for posting.

Cheers Stuart f

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
All sounds very positive and it looks like you really enjoyed yourself. I'm moving to Scotland later this year and am considering some of the Backwoods courses - are there any people about who've done the basic Backwoods and Native Paths Courses? I really like the look of them but I don't just want to spend my money because they will be the nearest school.

I'd appreciate some subjective recommendation rather than the standard gushing enthusiasm we hear about every course that anybody ever talks about on the forum.

Was it everything you expected? Was it value for money? Was the instruction appropriate? Was there anything that you didn't like about the course or anything you felt it lacked? And, did you feel you came away with some real useful skills?

I'm not just picking on Backwoods, I'd like to know the same about any course that I attend.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
All sounds very positive and it looks like you really enjoyed yourself. I'm moving to Scotland later this year and am considering some of the Backwoods courses - are there any people about who've done the basic Backwoods and Native Paths Courses? I really like the look of them but I don't just want to spend my money because they will be the nearest school.

I'd appreciate some subjective recommendation rather than the standard gushing enthusiasm we hear about every course that anybody ever talks about on the forum.

Was it everything you expected? Was it value for money? Was the instruction appropriate? Was there anything that you didn't like about the course or anything you felt it lacked? And, did you feel you came away with some real useful skills?

I'm not just picking on Backwoods, I'd like to know the same about any course that I attend.

Hi Mikey,I and a few others on here have done courses with Backwoods Survival school,i can't really compare it with other schools as the Backwoodsman is the only course i've ever done,but that being said as you can see from my earlier post i'm booked to go on the Beachcomber course now.
I met Patrick,before ever booking a course,at one of the Scottish Crannog meets and got chatting to the man round the fire,well lets say i kept the man up to the wee small hours,well he would probably tell you i could talk the hind legs off a Donkey :) Never once did he say Stuart your boring the **** off me:lmao: . So i thought that if he could put up with my bushcrafty ramblings then i need to get on one of his courses.

My only regret is not having the B*lls to approach him many years ago when i was a greenhorn at the Loch Achray meets,because i could have done the Veidemann course long before know.

Anyway i thoroughly enjoyed the course and that's why i booked again.

Also GrahamS did a review away back in the mists of time.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5609

Anyway i hope this is of some help.

Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE