Axe Sling

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, I guess that depends on your real world.

I walked down the road tonight with an 18" bar Husqy in one hand and a 24" snedding axe on a sling. Thankfully round here, timber tools are for felling, and timber processing - and are seen as such.

I would hate to have to sneak around with tools as though I was doing something wrong. Why on earth shouldn't a person carry timber tools in a convenient way? So long as they are working on timber (on their own land or another landowners by request)?

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Well, I guess that depends on your real world.

I walked down the road tonight with an 18" bar Husqy in one hand and a 24" snedding axe on a sling. Thankfully round here, timber tools are for felling, and timber processing - and are seen as such.

I would hate to have to sneak around with tools as though I was doing something wrong. Why on earth shouldn't a person carry timber tools in a convenient way? So long as they are working on timber (on their own land or another landowners by request)?

i see what you mean, but as a 20 year old lad it would look a bit odd for me to be carrying any sort of cutting tool around. My area is about as rural as you can get, save the highlands and the lakes mabye. however, i dont drive, so i take the bus to get to afew of the woods to practice woodcraft, so if i can prevent joe public from seeing this 20 year old lad carrying a rather sharp axe and knife i will do my best for my own good.

if your on your own land and happen to be walking for a long period of time without a rucksak then i can see an axe sling may have some use, otherwise id rather save the money and stick it in my bag.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE