Axe help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
After having broken my axe the other day I'm contemplating buying a decent Gransfors Small forest Axe.
Can someone recommend me the best place/website (UK) to buy one or is anyone on here looking to sell one?
Ta
ATB
Dan

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Lakeland Bushcraft Trading...owned by Lurch (a member here) always give good service, as do Tamarack Outdoors.

No link to either seller, just a happy repeat customer for both.

Simon

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Nice going to Lurch and "keeping it in the family" so to speak. If he's run out try Ronnie Sunshines site. Always does me a good deal (no affiliation etc)
Wasn't there two offered on here last week? Maybe worth a quick search in the classifieds or swaps

Got mine from the Bushcraft Store in Enfield North London.. Thoroughly nice guy's in there, very chatty! Got it mailed, but I'm often in the area, so I know if there were any problems I could walk back in with the axe dripping in blood and a look of madness in my eye and demand a refund! Or a couple of quid of my next purchase! :)

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I picked this up at a boot market on Sunday it was new old stock, so I was told, a Brades Criterion.
I put a new oak handle on it today as in the second picture, along with a kent style axe I rehandled last week
Test012.jpg

The finished article, handles are a little bit fat but I have large hands.
Test014.jpg

Total price for both axes £2.50 the wood was from a skip 6 years ago. It's well worth putting some new cloths on an axe.

Last edited:

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Nice work Hugo just dont think I have your skill
Regarding my axe, it was a cheap thing and it only really went through wood with a few massive swings. I would still like a decent one, so thanks for all the advice guys :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE