Axe and Camp skills with Paul Kirtley - very pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sam and the log from hell. It wouldnae split but boy we split ourselves watching. :)
ehy9y3y6.jpg
i managed to split that in the end
and really enjoyed burning it

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Good Lord Sam! Surely one of you Davy Crewcut types had the foresight to stow a hydraulic log splitter in the top pocket of your Swanni?
Call yourselves bushcrafters? You'll be telling me you had no table linen next.I give up! :lmao:

Looks like you had a great time and picked up lots of skills. Wish I could have been there too.
Maybe next time.
Cheers , Simon

Paul K

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2003
In the woods
Thanks for a great weekend guys.

Thanks also for this thread - I enjoyed reading through it. And as always, Windy managed to make me laugh out loud :)

Take care with those axes guys and I look forward to seeing you all again before too long.

All the best,

Paul

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
for anyone who's interested i've written a couple of articles on my blog about this weekend http://stuartsgettingthereslowly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/bcuk-axe-and-campcraft-weekend-part-one.html
http://stuartsgettingthereslowly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/tarpology-two.html, any feedback will be greatly appreciate. thanks to everyone for the use of their photo's, please let me know if i've credited any incorrectly, i'm still learning. :)

cheers

stuart

That's a great write up Stu :)

Oooh!
I like that!

So do I :)

How did the full 360deg work out Gary?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
That's a great write up Stu :)....

thanks steve, i'll try and write a bit about the rest of the weekend at some point, i think i've only really covered an afternoon and a morning so far, how long were we away for :dunno: we achieved loads :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE