Austin Stevens on Quest channel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
Anyone else watch this? - he's a wildlife photographer and a bit of an adventurer. Like a cross between Bear Grylls (don't start...) and David Attenborough. Quite like a South African version of Steve Irwin (RIP) actually.

Quite like his stuff, although I worry he's skating on the edge of sensationalism. He has a very calm, knowledgeable presenting style and he obviously loves his subject matter (primarily snakes) - to the point that he has previously calmly explained that the snake who just bit him was only scared of him - and then proceeded to untangle that same snake from a load of old fishing line, photograph him, check him for ticks then set him free. What a star :)

Just hope he doesn't push his luck and end up another Steve Irwin statistic.

Any other fans?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've not even noticed the Quest channel, must pay more attention when scrolling through 50 pages of programmes.

Cheers for the heads up

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
He's the Bear Grylls of the snake world :lmao: Truly dreadful programming with staged shots and about as much real life encounters as you'd expect from Discovery, but he is a decent enough bloke.

These programmes are years old. He is 61 now, unbelievable when you look at him. He started making them in 2002 and not made any for a few years now.

Last edited:

Expat

Forager
Feb 9, 2012
Dorset for good...!!
The first time I saw him, my initial reaction was, "What a nutter"...
After watching a couple of episodes, that opinion changed completely as he obviously loves
his chosen career path, and is also very good at it...
What would appear to the vast majority of folks as incredibly risky is just everyday life to him.
Unlike that other self- agrandising to$$pot "Doctor" Brady Barr....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE