my take on a woodspirit carving tutorial

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Actually I have a sister in mind... she's far more likely to make an eventual appearance with your wonderful skill-sharing, WoodSpirits :) Much gratitude!

your absolutely tight turbogirl! (bows from the ankles) of course he has a sister, or two... if you do carve his sister she's going to be one mean looking cow!! :D look forward to it.

Last edited:

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
An inspiration, Woody, through your work I whittled a couple with my SAK in one of the places I worked a few months back and stuck them either side of the shed, nothing to write home about, just a few minutes work, I told the staff it keeps the managers away, I was right. :)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Only just saw this, thanks for sharing Steve! I know I say it every time but you really have a knack for bringing out the worst in a piece of wood in a great way! I love these evil looking woodspirits...

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Only just saw this, thanks for sharing Steve! I know I say it every time but you really have a knack for bringing out the worst in a piece of wood in a great way! I love these evil looking woodspirits...

thanks chad, had a laugh when i read that! :D

thanks barn owl, and you too milius2 hoping this will help and inspire some of you to have a knock yourselves! :cool:

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
QUOTE=woodspirits;975940]... if you do carve his sister she's going to be one mean looking cow!! :D QUOTE]
Ahhh well now, things didn't go quite to plan... this is who evolved outta my piece of hazel from rough close and if its a she, I am SCARED!!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302173_2357996503785_1066438695_2683150_1162888544_n.jpg
He's really rough cuz my knife is a big ole mariners and the fleabay £2 carvers were toys in the hands of a child.... girl-child at that ;)... but Pops gave me a set of lovely ones marked 'Sheffield Education Committee' which I reckon Granpops 'saved' around the war era.... chuffed like you would NOT believe!!

And here's his best side ;)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319974_2357996983797_1066438695_2683153_133057183_n.jpg
I defined the shades a touch with graphite to clarify where I needed to go next... had a lot of fun, thx, Woodspirits!!

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Great tutorial, I enjoyed reading that. I tried one recently just with knives and really enjoyed it. I don't need any encouragement to buy more tools though...

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Great tutorial. Thanks for posting.

thanks wayne, hope you found it usefull :)

Great tutorial, I enjoyed reading that. I tried one recently just with knives and really enjoyed it. I don't need any encouragement to buy more tools though...

thats how i kicked off simon, just a small knife. but the right tools make it so much easier (and quicker!):D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE