Aussie basha

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
Hi all,

After mincing about with my 58' OG basha since I was a nipper I'm contemplating getting something a bit more lightweight... SO:

Quick question: does anyone know where to get an aussie basha from for the best price? I checked RM site but it was £90. Bit extravagant me thinks....

(did a quick search but the only thread I found was one where RM's price was still £50)

cheers :eek:

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
Try a google search for Australian surplus stores and see if you can find one that will ship to the UK. I did that about 5 years ago, and it was considerably cheaper even with postage and import tax etc. Dont have the details unfortunately.
On another note, the Aussie basha aint that light, although its pretty durable and has good waterproof capabilities. We were issued the old Aussie bashas in OG back in the 80's in Belize. They were much bigger than our bashas and more waterproof, as well as a lot lighter. The modern Aussie ones definately seem smaller, but thicker material. The issue Brit ones are pretty good now, as well as larger than the Aussie ones, might be worth looking at those.

Edited to say looks like Shewie has come up with a good solution

Last edited:

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Ditto Shewie and Tank...Kitbag is the place...although it erks me the price that Ray's site charge...not cricket

Cheers
Sack

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I have to say though, as said have a look at the Brit issue basha, I use one, never short of room even in the worst weather,

393183_10150455267679073_539479072_10519943_990579099_n.jpg

:)

EmmaD

Forager
Feb 27, 2011
South Staffs
The Woodlore one is better quality and has quality ridge hoops and bits the other does not and is much better quality and even I can feel the difference. From what I can remember from Jons aimless ramblings the Woodlore version is the civvy version of the military issue basha and the cheap one you lot are on about is just a cheap copy of both. That is the one I use sometimes. I don't care. It works.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I got a DPCU version from cadetshop direct a seller in Aussie...It's been fine complete with ridge loops etc.... They were good to deal with and shipped promptly.

a9d9d570.jpg

15ce1376.jpg

I have no idea if this is issue kit but it's well made and has lasted a good wee while...

As someone mentioned the older OG ones are also good but they tend to fetch stupid money as they get snaffled up by collectors etc....Another one to look out for is the NZ issue one.... It's identical to the AU one in design....

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

Just the Camo pattern is different... This one is in NZ pre DPM pattern... They also come in Kiwi DPM...While they are ok a bit bigger would be useful to get more coverage......

HTH John

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE