Aussie basha

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
I always thought that profiteering was selling goods that people couldn't do without at an exorbitantly inflated price when they had no other choice of vendor..Clearly folk can do without pretty much all of the stuff Woodlore sell and you have a myriad of choices of both kit and alternative vendors...So it's pointless giving Woodlore a hard time.

Not quite as simple as that, the word profiteering covers a multitude of sins when related to business practice. You are correct though in that profiteering would also encompass what you say, but it also encompasses what I said and other things such as monopolies, price fixing, syndicate pricing, emergency price rises (such as the sale of bottled water dutring the hurricane aftermath in New Orleans) etc.

I have no beef with Woodlore, and I know that there are a lot of fanboys on this site and I had no intention of deliberately annoying anyone, however, as I said in my previous post, I'm pretty sure that Endicotts had them earlier this year for about £55... so £90 seemed a little excessive if there were only two places to purchase [worse if Woodlore has a monoploly?](especially as mine came direct from Aus at a cost of about £45 inc tax and handling fee). But as EmmaD has pointed out, she's pretty sure that they are not the same basha anyway, so in that respect, I stand corrected.

ATB
Sack

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Are these the same/similar size as the Brit issue one? or bigger ive got a Brit desert one cant fault it well made etc, and only 28 quid new,i like the Aussie ones but coulnt justify 90 quid for one same dimensions as the Brit one,X3 THE PRICE IS A TAD STEEP.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Are these the same/similar size as the Brit issue one? or bigger ive got a Brit desert one cant fault it well made etc, and only 28 quid new,i like the Aussie ones but coulnt justify 90 quid for one same dimensions as the Brit one,X3 THE PRICE IS A TAD STEEP.

Andy..check out Tank's link in post #3

That's where mine came from too. Very good tarp IMO
Cheers
Sack

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
The dimension look very similar,and the price aint bad,just put off abit by the other bad (well not bad) comment on them,i have one from usmcpro(tarp that is) and the stitching went on one of the loops first time used,and then developed a leak on the seam,kinda put me off taking a chance if you know what i mean,like i say the issue one ive got seems over engineered and i like it for that reason,so i really want a issue Aussie one if im gonna get one.

Granite Head

Nomad
Aug 16, 2011
Dublin Mountains

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE