Attaching a yoke to PLCE Side pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phil6201

Nov 16, 2008
New Zealand
So where do you get the straps that go from the front of the shoulder straps down to the pouches?

I've just got a yoke of ebay, and clipped the pouches on ok, but there's no way to connect the front of the shoulder straps to the pouches, if anyone has a link to the straps, or a photo of them (so I can make my own) that would be really helpful.

Cheers

Phil

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
So where do you get the straps that go from the front of the shoulder straps down to the pouches?

I've just got a yoke of ebay, and clipped the pouches on ok, but there's no way to connect the front of the shoulder straps to the pouches, if anyone has a link to the straps, or a photo of them (so I can make my own) that would be really helpful.

Cheers

Phil

I believe they're called 'link straps', nothing fancy just a length of webbing of a thickness suited to the buckles, and three male quick-release buckles to fit those on the yoke and pouches. The buckle at one end is secured and at the other two are movable. I'm not sure what the third buckle on each strap is for, I don't use it.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Surplusandoutdoors have the straps to add to a day sack yoke
look for
PLCE-LINK-STRAP

Great customer service

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
The third clip is used when you are wearing webbing to clip the straps to the ammo pouches and keep everything secure, so for most of the time they're pretty useless.
Colin

I believe they're called 'link straps', nothing fancy just a length of webbing of a thickness suited to the buckles, and three male quick-release buckles to fit those on the yoke and pouches. The buckle at one end is secured and at the other two are movable. I'm not sure what the third buckle on each strap is for, I don't use it.

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I've got a .pdf that shows clearly how to rig PLCE side pockets onto a yoke but can't find exactly where I found it online and can't post attachments. I think it came via an army rumour servive http://www.arrse.co.uk/ forum thread. See if you have any luck there or maybe someone can tell me about posting attachments.

twdi

Mar 8, 2010
Netherlands
I've bought a karrimor patrol 45 today also with the 2 side pockets. I didn't bought the yoke yet because It was hardly cheaper then a sabre 30 itself. So I think, if I need a smaller daypack then the patrol, i would prefer to buy a sabre30 due to the larger main compartment then a separated one with the 2 side pcks.

Does that make sense?

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
I've bought a karrimor patrol 45 today also with the 2 side pockets. I didn't bought the yoke yet because It was hardly cheaper then a sabre 30 itself. So I think, if I need a smaller daypack then the patrol, i would prefer to buy a sabre30 due to the larger main compartment then a separated one with the 2 side pcks.

Does that make sense?

Try your local army and navy shop and ask for the yoke for the combat 95 jet packs. Its the same thing and a lot cheaper, although only comes in a nice DPM.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
I've got a .pdf that shows clearly how to rig PLCE side pockets onto a yoke but can't find exactly where I found it online and can't post attachments. I think it came via an army rumour servive http://www.arrse.co.uk/ forum thread. See if you have any luck there or maybe someone can tell me about posting attachments.

remember when this combat 95 webbing first came in. We got it dumped on us in the crew room and it took about 2 hour to work out how it all went together. LOL

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hello chap, the only lack side pouches I know of are from the Snugpak rocket pack, these fit the PLCE bergans zips, though I dont know about the clips, And I dont know where you can get them from with out the main pak either, sorry for not being of more help,

Oct 31, 2015
Dudley
The extra clips are for connecting a hydration pack, I have the karrimor plce kit, a preditor 80-130 bergin, a preditor 45 patrol bergin, yoke, 3ltr hydration pack, 6 rifle ammo pouches, 2 minimi pouches and and a large utility pouch.
When u set up the yoke, the extra buckles allow the attachment of a hydration pack to overlap the rocket pouches

bgreen

Apr 6, 2016
UK
Sports Direct currently selling side pouches in black, coyote and olive. To fit Karrimor SF Sabre and Predator ranges. Don't know if they are a good fit for other manufacturer's PLCE ranges

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
It's actually KarrimorSF's own pouches and packs. The quality should be just as good as their packs. They probably found some old stock which they try to get rid of. Happens once in a while, but never for long since it's priced very well.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Sports Direct currently selling side pouches in black, coyote and olive. To fit Karrimor SF Sabre and Predator ranges. Don't know if they are a good fit for other manufacturer's PLCE ranges

Are they instore or on the website as well ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE