Atlatl at the bushmoot

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Rich,
I managed to pick up a bundle of ten, 8ft canes today, only cheapies, so they're very thin on the ends - just ripe to trim down I recon. If you want any more, just shout.

ATB

Ogri the trog

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Rich,
I managed to pick up a bundle of ten, 8ft canes today, only cheapies, so they're very thin on the ends - just ripe to trim down I recon. If you want any more, just shout.

ATB

Ogri the trog
That's great Ogri. It is pretty well impossible to know how many people will be in on the session, or how many canes we might break or reject in the process. Just go with the gut feeling I think.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I am definitely planning to attend this! I tried to make one ataltal, it threw an impressive distance but was very crude and I'm sure I can make a much better one.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Well, it happened, and I saw loads of people looking like they enjoyed the whole thing - from making a spur for their atlatl and identifying and fletching a good dart, through knocking hell out of a cardboard duck, to contributing prizes and taking part enthusiastically in an ISAC style competition.

Anyone got some photos?

If it was a good experience then I am glad, and hope that people will look to running some events themselves and inviting others over to join the fun. I believe Jerv might have cracked the insurance issue.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
www.bushcraftdays.com
Richard

If you PM Phil (Too Much Kit to Carry) he should be able to supply you with photos. Little George's father took a lot of pictures using Phil's camera of the competition.

Here is a couple of the pratice round.

985965864_45532a1163.jpg

985965714_2cd5057604.jpg

Cheers

George

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Thanks all for a great time. Josh is well and truely as hooked on it now as I am so I'll definitely be doing it again!

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE